Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
IN the for sale section. This is the first ad. I am so disgusted:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/zip/1217273764.html

225 pound Male Great Dane, Opie, very loving and protective. He's 5 years old and not very active. House trained and generally well behaved. Neutered and has been microchipped. Buyer to haul away, would need large SUV or pick up truck. Call Scott Bauer @ 480-380-****.

I just.. I have no words. Danes lifespans are short enough as it is. That dog is like TWICE as big as it should be. I want to cry. I wish I had room in my home for that dog and a STRICT diet.. Or vet check. I wish I could help!

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
If it's a real ad, and that's the guys real phone number, you can call and express interest in the dog and get an address. Forward all that to animal control. Or if you don't want to call, at least give them the number so they can figure out where the dog is. I don't know what they do as far as dogs that are getting TOO much food as they usually have to deal with too LITTLE, but he's obviously grossly obese and being neglected.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
That is just sick. That poor dog looks miserable. "Buyer to haul away" Sounds like a guy with a big heart. Hopefully the ACO in that area puts the smack down on him. I hope the poor dog can find a home that will begin an exercise routine and good diet.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's a real ad, and that's the guys real phone number, you can call and express interest in the dog and get an address. Forward all that to animal control. Or if you don't want to call, at least give them the number so they can figure out where the dog is. I don't know what they do as far as dogs that are getting TOO much food as they usually have to deal with too LITTLE, but he's obviously grossly obese and being neglected.
That is just sick. That poor dog looks miserable. "Buyer to haul away" Sounds like a guy with a big heart. Hopefully the ACO in that area puts the smack down on him. I hope the poor dog can find a home that will begin an exercise routine and good diet.
When I get home I will forward the ad to a dane rescue. I should be able to find one in phoenix...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That is the most disgusting thing I have seen in a long time! Let me know if you find any information. I live in Flagstaff so if this is real I will certainly try and see if I know anyone down in the valley who could do something...

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Oh, wait, AC (at least, in my area) would seize the dog. I was trying to find a photo, but our site removes them when they're adopted. We had Monique in our rescue, a rottie who weighed 190 lbs. She could not walk or stand up and had awful sores all over her belly and legs. I forget the extent, but there were other awful weight related problems. Our rescue really forked out a lot of money when they got her, changed her diet, and put her in water therapy. A year later she was 80 lbs and in a new home. I hope the Dane has the same fortune and they change his life around. It's unfortunate he's already 5 :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im pulling my jaw off the desktop right now. I thought it was a joke until I saw the pictures. That poor dog...not only is he grossly overweight but the person posting on the CL list seems heartless:(

·
Registered
637 Posts
this is the kind of person who's balls i wouldn't mind displaying on my mantle piece. I remember when we rescued a 96lb border collie, from a complete asshat. unfortunately she never recovered.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I'm beyond FUC*ING DISGUSTED!!!!

OMFGGGGGGGG!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I forwarded this to a friend from a dane forum in arizona... she knows rescues and helps with them. we're going to try...
Nessa

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
10$ says the owners think it's absolutely hilarious that their dog is so fat. >=(

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm beyond FUC*ING DISGUSTED!!!!

OMFGGGGGGGG!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!:mad::mad::mad:

I forwarded this to a friend from a dane forum in arizona... she knows rescues and helps with them. we're going to try...
Nessa
what rescue nessa? I forwarded it to great dane rescue of az. I would be willing to go pull that boy in my brothers truck just to get him out of there. He reminds me of Callahan :(

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I have removed the phone number, please do NOT publish any personal information on this site be it yours or another persons.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have removed the phone number, please do NOT publish any personal information on this site be it yours or another persons.
I apologize. I thought that since it was on the public ad it was okay. I kept the phone number anyway just in case there is anything I can do to help him out.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I apologize. I thought that since it was on the public ad it was okay. I kept the phone number anyway just in case there is anything I can do to help him out.
I kept it too girl... that way I could give it to my contact in Arizona. She said she is going to make some calls... and go from there. I'll ask her what rescue she can contact... and then we'll go from there... if we need ya to pull him... then that would be amazing. I'll keep ya updated as much as I can... depending on what she tells me.

Nessa

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I kept it too girl... that way I could give it to my contact in Arizona. She said she is going to make some calls... and go from there. I'll ask her what rescue she can contact... and then we'll go from there... if we need ya to pull him... then that would be amazing. I'll keep ya updated as much as I can... depending on what she tells me.

Nessa
Alright thanks. I can transport but I cant ever bring him here. Im at full capacity! lol. let me know. Ill PM you my email

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
That's horrible! That poor dog. No wonder it's "not very active." And how callous of the owner to talk about "hauling it away."

If you hear of what happens to this boy, please let us know. I'd love to hear that it gets rescued and loses some weight.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is terrible! I can't even imagine. That guy is clueless, mean, and simply an idiot. This is why I avoid CL.

Also, I know some people that are over 225 pounds and we don't have to "haul" them anywhere. They fit just fine in any car I've ever seen. Maybe the taller ones are a bit uncomfortable, but they still fit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts