Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Same tooth, but on the opposite side. Like the Vet said, a root canal would allow your dog to retain use of the teeth, but they are quite expensive. Your dog will do just fine if you have the tooth extracted. If money was not a factor, I personally would probably do the root canals. But money is almost always a factor for most people, and unfortunately, only you can decide if you can afford to do the root canal, and if that cost is worth your dog keeping his teeth.
thanks ginger kid

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My Darby broke both her upper carnassials on RMBs two different times. First the left, then the right. On "soft" chicken bones, too! :(
It cost $660 for a dental/extractions here.
She does chew a little more slowly on her CET rawhide chews now, and I brush with petzlife gel instead of giving RMBs. I just can't take the chance with her or my other 3 breaking more teeth causing them pain and me $$.

I think you need to take your dog in to be seen now, though. Oh, to answer your Question above, extraction. Way less money and dogs adapt very quickly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My Darby broke both her upper carnassials on RMBs two different times. First the left, then the right. On "soft" chicken bones, too! :(
It cost $660 for a dental/extractions here.
She does chew a little more slowly on her CET rawhide chews now, and I brush with petzlife gel instead of giving RMBs. I just can't take the chance with her or my other 3 breaking more teeth causing them pain and me $$.

I think you need to take your dog in to be seen now, though. Oh, to answer your Question above, extraction. Way less money and dogs adapt very quickly.
Thanks 4 dogs. do you think that removing the M1 will make a difference. do ypu have a picture of the extraction site. just curious how it looks all healed up and if its different on other dogs.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts