Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my list.

-Siberian husky
-Alaskan klee kai(Okay maybe many,many years from now I can get one :)
-GSP
-coton de tulear(again maybe many,many years from now)
-Malamute
-Akita
-Belgian Malinous
-Rhodesian Ridgeback
-Pharaoh Hound

-those are all I can think of right now,lol.

So NEXT

P.S. this is just for fun

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I. Have a lot more dogs that I won't own, but like, than those that I will.

Hounds, arctic breeds, Asian breeds, toy breeds, 'pit' type breeds -

...I'm not at ALL picky about dogs, honestly. I love dogs. I love dogs a lot. My lifestyle does not allow for small breeds, dogs who are likely to have a very high prey-drive or animal aggression. My PERSONALITY doesn't allow me to enjoy working with or training extremely independent dogs. It wouldn't be fair to them. I love them - but not fair.

·
Registered
591 Posts
BIG dogsk , danes, mastiffs, st bernards etc I WILL have an ALaskan Klee Kai someday, I want to help bring the breed back to Alaska where it started!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Blue merle Australian shepherd. If I own one some day. My life would be complete. If the grey Terv that I am wanting doesnt happen then I might possibly email breeders. But it's a long shot. The breeders I am looking at don't have litters often at all so it might take a while!

Other then that then doberman, min pin, miniature long haired daschund is high on my list. Malinois. And that's about it. Not a lot. I'm pretty happy with the breed I have really.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Keshond <----big want
Papiollon
Sheltie
Schipperke
Golden retriever
Malamute

We both agree, for as much as we absolutely love our dogs there is no way we are getting more. We love so much about the, but the various health/injury things we've been thru have been scary & expensive. But at the same time, I honestly can't imagine our life without our two hulligans in it so when their time is up who knows. Our vet says she thinks it would be impossible for us to be without dogs ever again.

·
Banned
96 Posts
English bulldog, Pharaoh hound, Standard Poodle, Xoloitzcuintli (Mexican Hairless), Malanois, and I forgot the Rhodesian Ridgeback.

·
Registered
232 Posts
ohhh fun!

I ADORE Border Collies, Koolies and Aussie Shepherds... but I will never own a herding breed, I cant deal with that intensity (I've fostered a couple, one hearing, one deaf). Other than that, I dont think there is a breed I wont have, well, except for breeds I dont like, which are very few :) and even then, I would take one that was special needs and needed someone with my experience.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
I'd love a St. Bernard or Newfie, but I think my inner neat freak would have a complete melt down with the drool and fur. Perhaps a different giant breed might work - someday. I'd also like a German Shepherd Dog, but know I'm not able to provide an appropriate living situation for one.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Breeds I would love to own but realisticly probably never will~

St. Bernard
Newfoundland
Cane Corso
Kangal(Kurdish Shephard Dog)
English Mastiffs
Great Dane
and the Pug:eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Saint Bernard would be at the top of the list, since I live in a warm climate and it just wouldn't be fair to the poor guy. It would also be way too big to fit in the apartment I'll be moving into next year sometime (just have to get the barn finished)

Hmm..also, another would probably be a Great Dane. I love them, but can't see myself having one.

Oh, and another might be a pug. They are cute but the squished faces and the breathing problems just wouldn't work with my lifestyle. I'm out in the heat a lot and I would feel terrible if something happened to him because of the heat and their breathing problems :/

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Siberian Huskies. They're just too intense for me.... maybe once I have more experience as a dog owner I'll feel differently. I love, love, love, LOVE them, but I've seen so many come through the shelter as old pups/young adults because people couldn't handle them.

Border collie is another one - LOVE border collies, but I'd only get one if we end up with a massive yard AND I am able to do some kind of dog-sport (Agility or fly-ball) with them on a regular basis or competitively.

And lastly, there is the absolutely MOST ADORABLE tea cup Shih Tzu in the shelter right now. He's about as tall as my hand. I would never own a dog that small because either I or FI (or the cat!) would end up accidentally killing it. I know teacup is not an official AKC size, and I don't really consider them proper dogs because they're too small, but Oreo was the sweetest thing you've ever met. And I'm pretty sure I'll never own a dog smaller than my cat.

·
Registered
423 Posts
ACD,to intense
APBT, not sure I'd want to deal with the idiots who think the breed is evil incarnate
Collie (rough), grooming requirements
Alaskan Malamute, grooming requirements
Newfoundland, grooming requirements and drool factor
Hounds, noise level

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I want a Borzoi or an Irish Wolfhound. I have wanted a Borzoi since I was about 6 years old ... I already have had the Rough Collies I desired ................. I would have to find a great breeder though.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Im pretty open to future breeds/mixes. The only breed I love but can not see myself with is a Great Dane. They're absolutely beautiful Im just afraid my stress/anxiety level would be too much for one and we'd feed off the others stress/anxiety in some massive never ending cycle...and it'd end badly.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I like most dogs/breeds. I've met individuals of pretty much every breed that I enjoy. However, I will likely only own herding breed dogs, some sporting breed dogs (retreivers and spaniels), and then papillons.

The big group I ADORE but am not the right owner for is sighthounds.

I also like some giant breeds but can't see myself with a dog bigger than 60 lbs.

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Honestly, the only purebred I can see myself buying or wanting to buy in the future is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are very hard to come by in rescue in my area (say, 8 hours driving range)

I love the pit bull types but I have trouble with their "velcro-ness" - I don't want a dog that feels the need to be plastered by my side 24/7. So while I enjoy fostering them, I can't see myself owning one. The "stigma" issue doesn't bother me in the least. For every person that has encountered my pit fosters with fear or loathing, I've had 5 people that know their true nature and want to love on the dog, let their kids pet the dog etc.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
These are my top three, but I like lots of different breeds:

Greyhound - too high of a prey drive to be around my smaller dogs, or I'd have one now!
Lab - I've had 2 in the past (RIP Bluto and Chipper!) and loved them dearly, but OMG - the hair - 24/7/365!
Standard Poodle - love their big dog personalities and trainability, but too much coat maintenance. I already have a small miniature poodle and a westie/bichon mix that I groom/clip myself. That's enough!

Right now, I'm really happy with the three I have!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
There are a few.

Berger De Picard- Love em, think they are really cool dogs, but just don't see me owning one. Although I do have a couple people that want me to show theirs once they make it into miscellaneous in January, so that is cool.

Great Dane- I have always admired them, just don't see me owning one. I have a close friend that has them, so I get to see her's every once in a while.

Norwegian Lundehund- Cute, very cute, and interesting. I would love to show one, but I don't think I will ever own one.

Few others I admire
Irish Wolfhound
ACD
Hovawart
kooikerhonje
beauceron

1 - 20 of 28 Posts