Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
An overly excited, out-of-control dog ran up to Belle and I at a park where you're supposed to leash your dogs. It was jumping on me, leaving muddy footprints...and I didn't even notice because it was a very striking Weiramaner (sp?). I'd never seen one IRL before, and their coat was just...so striking.

Also, nothing gives me the warm fuzzies like a Yorkie. They always, ALWAYS seem to be so confident despite their size, and fiercely devoted to their owners. Not many Yorkies in my area, but when I see one strutting beside its owner I will absolutely rubberneck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was hiking with my lab a few months ago and a loose rhodesian ridgeback came up over a hill ahead of us. Normally any loose dog worries me for a few seconds but I was too busy admiring him to think.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
An overly excited, out-of-control dog ran up to Belle and I at a park where you're supposed to leash your dogs. It was jumping on me, leaving muddy footprints...and I didn't even notice because it was a very striking Weiramaner (sp?). I'd never seen one IRL before, and their coat was just...so striking..
Weimaraner. Sounds like a typical overexcited weimaraner to me, who hasn't been taught manners lol. But yes they are very striking and it's one of the reasons I was drawn to them.

As for me, really I get all giddy when I see a "rare" breed, one that is not common in the US. I was in heaven in England, getting to see breeds I don't see where I am. I was so in aw of the stabyhoun, and bergamascos (which I had thought were bigger than they really are), and various other breeds.

I recently saw a thai ridgeback at a show, and was so excited, it was a grey one so that made it even more awesome. They are so interesting, great to see another ridged dog in person.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
We have quite a variety of dogs in our Obedience class but the one that caught my eye was a Swiss Mountain Dog. I have only seen pictures of them and really love their shorter coats and had always wished Susie had inherited the color from her Bernese mother.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Alaskan Klee Kai, Husky, Samoyed, American Eskimo Dog, Finnish Spitz...I guess those "nordic" looking dogs do it for me but I also LOVE smooshy-faced dogs...especially French Bulldogs with their little bat ears!

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, so many different opinions. I agree about most of them (I'm a "total dog nut" lol.) I've always wanted to see a Bedlington Terrier IRL but never have.

·
Registered
229 Posts
A well bred, deep chested, snake faced greyhound. Call me a nerd. That's some serious breed loyalty right there, considering all the time I've spent around and with greys. Also, a sturdy, to standard any size poodle. They're such awesome dogs and I wish everyone could know that and see past their usual froo froo hair!

·
Banned
964 Posts
The Akita...(because I dont trust them...)
The Great Dane...(because they are majestic)
The Rottweiler..(because they are my favorite dogs)
The pomeranian thing( because they are cuudly)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Irish Wolfhound. They are just SO big and they know it to! And of course bulldogs, I have said it before and I will again, Bulldogs are just fantastic... little underbites get me every time!

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Border Collies. Any BC of any shape, color, coat. Get them moving and I will swoon and stare. No other breed in the world has the it factor that BCs have for me. I could watch them all day long.

I will say one other breed that gives me goosebumps is Malinois. I've been so impressed by all the mals I've known and met.

Paps just make me giddy happy. Shelties make a lump come up in my throat and my eyes tear up. I have to stop and stare for all four of those breeds.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
any dog leaving a grooming place. Those dogs just seem to know they look good and are strutting their stuff. They smell so clean and look like little fluff balls. I always have to stop and rubber-neck to get a long look.

As far as breeds hard to pinpoint one. One day it will be a beauceron, the next a well muscled grey hound, and then a rhodesian ridgeback comes in and the oohhss and aaahhhhsss escape my lips.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Almost any sighthound gets me to stop in my tracks and stare.

·
Super Moderator
7,365 Posts
Pugs, Frenchies, Bulldogs will have me stop whatever I'm doing to go say hi EVERY time! I'm a sucker for a smoothie face, lol

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I cannot walk past a well bred, working-type GSD without falling all over myself to their owner. I nearly wrecked leaving a hike because one was getting out of his car. Oh, a beautiful bicolor... nice 'strong' back... tongue lolling to one side, looking at his master like 'alrighty, we ready?' "I LOVE YOUR DOOGGGGGGG!!" generally gets me some looks.

A well bred Redbone can get me staring like I've got a problem. I can't help but watch their muscles roll, and I love their long gliding strides.

Pits... they make me smile. Seeing them with owners who obviously care makes me grin and I have to comment on it. Usually with a 'thank you', as I love seeing them being treated like pets and not monsters that need to wear chains when they walk.

I saw my first greyhound last year and I was just :D LLLLOOOOOKKKKY!. Then I saw a Great Dane for the second time last year as well. He was... I don't want to say aggressive but I was sure to keep my distance. He was H U G E, FAR larger than the first Dane I saw (which was when I was in middle school mind you) and his bark was like a car's bass put too high. Rattled my chest.

Annnddd I saw a Norwegian Elkhound last week. I didn't think I would ever see one around here.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Spinone Italiano. I met one at a dog show. I'm going to another one this weekend, and I hope to see him again. His owner was really friendly, so I got to spend some time with him. He was an easy-going, calm, friendly dog.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts