Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive heard people say that a girl dog when she is in heat she can have many mates now with that say i had an akita and she got out of the yard and a rott,pitbull,bullmastif,german shep,bulldog mated with her would all these dogs be in the litter like if this was to ever happen. this would make a whole new complete new dog wouldnt it. ha that maybe an ugly dog but cool at the same time and it would be huge

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
No it wouldn't be cool.

It would make more mutts. I've seen Pit Bull and Akita mix, not really ugly. Most of them would be cute I'm sure but that is besides the point. They'd probably mostly be short hair with a little length though on tail and certain areas and whoever the GSD sired would be more likely to have the erect ears and longer coat. Of course there is no guarantee how they would look.

You need to make sure your parents supervise your Akita, don't leave her outside alone. Akita's end up doomed to death or given up often from being left outside alone and something bad happens.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I think the OP is confused to as to how the multi father thing works....the pup would not be a mix of all 6 breeds.....more like one pup could be an akita/shep mix one could be an akita/rotti mix....etc....and no x3 it would not be cool:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok i know this will be irresponsible. and i know not to do that. i dont have akita its a bullmastif . and i was just asking a ? out of curiosity . now i didnt know that was the way it works i thought it would all be in one. how can it be just one father how do they split up like that

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
ok i know this will be irresponsible i know not to do that. i dont have a dog. and i was just asking a ?. now i didnt know that was the way it works i thought it would all be in one. how can it be two in two how do they split up like that
its just like humans...only one sperm can fertilize the egg...so half the dna is mom (egg) and the other half is dad (sperm)......now a dog can be more then 2 breeds if lets say dad is half GSD half Bulldog and mom is akita...then pups would be GSD/Bulldog/Akita mixes....:)

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
The intact female dog would ovulate more than 1 egg (in most cases), and from there it's only a matter of speed - which sperm gets to the egg first. So yes, it is possible to have more than one father contributing to a litter. It is not possible to have more than one father contribute to any one egg.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
It would definitely NOT be cool. It would be totally irresponsible. And each pup would only have one father so all you'd be doing is producing multiple mutts that, sadly, would most likely end up losing their lives in shelters.

I certainly hope this was just a hypothetical question as from your post you are no more ready to be a breeder than you are to fly on your own power.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Perhaps another reminder is in order; back-seat moderating, and that would include suggesting or implying another member is a troll in the middle of a thread, is strictly against the forum rules. If you think you see a troll, report it and let the moderators deal with it.

Not everyone who asks what seems to be an ignorant question, is a troll.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I think people have done a good job of answering your question. It does sound like you were asking a "What if" question, but just in case this really did happen to your dog, I would recommend taking her to the vet and getting her spayed. Not only will it be difficult to find good homes for the puppies, the puppies might not be healthy and the mother dog can even die while giving birth.

Most of the dog breeds that you mentioned are not really for beginners, which would make it even more difficult to find good, permanent homes for the puppies. A mixed puppy can end up with the worst traits of it's parents, and many people would just dump a difficult puppy off at the pound rather than try to train it. My dog is a mix of a GSD and an Akita, and she definitely is not an easy dog!

So... I guess I'm saying that I don't really think it would be cool... in the long run. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts