Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My crazy roommate... I posted about her before and I honestly cannot wait until my lease is up! She is seriously trying to breed her 6 month puppy... With another random puppy! He friend got a yorkie and they (2 college students who barely take care of the dogs they have) think its a good idea to breed. I've done all I can to alert management about the dogs. I think my other roommate who works in the office is covering for her because its ridiculous that this dog is even still here.

I can't even tell her enough times how unsafe this is and how irresponsible. My other roommate just keeps asking is the dog pregnant yet. This dog hasn't even been to the vet ONCE. The most was Petco to get some shots! It isn't trained in any way nor has it been attempted... I feel so sorry for this animal and hope I'm not around to witness anything else is has to be put through!

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's so irresponcible. Sadly, there's no jail time for stupidity. I would be doing everything in my power to have that dog removed from that living situation if it were me.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Even though it is irresponsible and unethical, its not illegal so you would have a hard time trying to get the dog out of the situation, unless she was neglecting/abusing the dog.

I agree its horrible, that pup will likely die from complications (not necessarily, but its a bigger risk with a young dog). Does the owner even like the dog?

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Like several of us said in your other thread, this girl is keeping the dog in your apartment against the rules, and you could get her kicked out or force her to give the dog away. You just made a lot of excuses for why that wouldn't possibly work... but if you're unwilling to try, then you can't really complain about your situation.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crantastic, the thing about it is I HAVE tried everything. I told management and they have the maintenance people come in to check numerous time but the other roommate works in the office and covers everything up for her saying the dog doesn't permanently live here and all this other stuff. They saw evidence, told her to get rid of it... they have come to our apartment numerous times to check after the fact and now she has removed the dog from the apartment during the day when they can come in and check. It now lives with the girl who she is trying to breed the dog with and she only bring it into our apartment at night when she knows management is gone (we don't have 24 hour on site people just people who come in case of emergencies). I hadn't seen the dog in weeks. Around the time I wrote the post she finally took the dog out because the people kept checking and the other roommate was afraid of losing her job and even now when she bring the dog over as soon as she leaves she takes the dog with her to the other girls house trying to get it pregnant.

I can't get her kicked out if the management company doesn't do anything about it that is there say not mine all I can do is present them with the evidence. And like I said the dog was gone for weeks so I thought she finally wised up but I came home and there was the dog sitting in the living room. I'm not home 24/7 so I cannot tell management when to come when I see the dog because 99% of the time by the time I am home from work / class the management office is closed and the maintenance people only come for emergencies. I did file another complaint about it but I haven't seen notification in our apartment that they came in.

I tried calling animal control but since the dog is being fed and such they can't take it and as far as her trying to breed the dog they wish they could do something about it but they can't.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
-blink-
Why people. why you so stupid.

I actually saw an AD posted on a forum for my town about someone seeking a pit bull stud for their 6 month old puppy. The AD said 'she's almost six months and should go into heat soon'. Needless to say, we gave this person hell. I stopped reading beyond the first few posts because now there are 43+ replies and some of them were actually offers. I just hope they didn't breed that pup :\

People like this make me sick. If they cared about their animal at all they would not even consider this.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Ah, okay, CJay, I wasn't aware that you'd actually tried to get the dog (and/or the girl) kicked out! I sympathize... I get annoyed enough when people I know are irresponsible with their dogs; I can't imagine having to live with one of them! At least you'll be away from her soon.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
It should be illegal. People should know better in this day and age. I do know of a 7 month old Pit that was bred and did fine, but it is a higher risk for young or old dogs. Mastitis also effects very young bitches more often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts