Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We adopted this little cutie a month ago from a rescue organization. She was probably picked up as a stray on the Navajo Reservation. Approximate age: 10 months. We think she is fully-grown, and she weighs 25 lbs. She was advertised as a Shepherd Mix... Most likely she has some herding dog in her, as she loves to bite ankles and untie shoelaces (we're working on that!). She is a very motivated retriever and loves to play tug, too. She has a "little dog" bark. Longish hair, and a curvy tail. Likes the water.

Maybe some aussie or kelpie in her? With Rez dogs, there's always lots of mixes in the gene pool. Your guesses as to her background breeding are appreciated.

We named her "Meg". Our last name is Ryan, so she's named after a fiesty movie star!

Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG_1844.jpg IMG_1841.jpg 018.jpg 005.jpg

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Oh she is adorable!! :D She reminds me of a dog I knew 30 years ago named Marco ... he was a bit smaller in weight but was believed to be Sheltie cross.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I see Sheltie maybe. I really see mini Eskimo dog too. Some kind of spitz I would think with the body and tail.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I look at all the pics of this cute little spitfire, I see Pomeranian in her. Could just be my imagination. I am thinking Pom and Sheperd?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Poms come in that color. . .and 25 pounds isn't unheard of for a "throwback" Pom. Of course rez dogs are mixes of mixes, but I bet Pomeranian figured heavily in her background.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never seen a "shepherd" colored Pom before, but what a great mix that would be. Thanks, everyone for your responses, she sure LOOKS like she should be a specific breed, even if it doesn't exist yet!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
She has the same colouring as several Aussies that have been through my local shelter lately. She doesn't look like an Aussie though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts