Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but my friend recently adopted a puppy. He is about two months old and weighs around twenty pounds! When they adopted him, the shelter said he was a mastiff/lab mix, but I know shelters are very fast to say anything is mixed with labrador, and I was just curious if you guys may have more insight as to what breed(s) this dog may be.

Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
178 Posts
i don't have any guesses as to what breeds he may be, but wow.. he is such a handsome boy! :)

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I think Mastiff/Lab is plausible. It might be easier to tell when he gets older.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I'd definately liketo see this guy as he grows! The eye color reminds me a LOT of a Neopolitan MAstiff, but his skin isn't 'loose' enough, so possibly Neo (mastiff) / Lab.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments/suggestions, and cshellenberger, I am VERY interested in seeing what he will look like as he grows, too. Especially since he has such a unique look.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
What a beautiful Puppy! :) I will be looking for his progress as well. He sure is unique!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if he was a pit bull x mastiff. The red/chocolate brindle is what makes me think he might have pit bull in him. Its a mix I see cropping up more and more.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Oh my god so adorable! No clue on the mix though, very hard to tell so young but 20# at 2 months is going to be a big boy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts