Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious more than anything.

She's my grandparents' dog. Approx 2 years old and gotten from another farm. She's a little tubby but I can't see how she manages to not be a stick... I think some of it is just her awkward build. She's like a barrel on legs. She is probably the most hyperactive dog I've ever met (and that's saying a lot). She spends all her day running at full speed around the farm. She's a goof and a complete bulldozer of a dog. Bouncy, silly, playful, seems pretty smart too.

I was told she had pit bull in her but I'm not sure how said person knew that. I can see it at some angles and then at others I totally cannot see it at all.

She has the prettiest eyes ever.

3 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Not going to win any conformation shows for sure... lol

2 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

pretty by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

DSC_1148 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

DSC_1145 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Awww

DSC_1141 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm seeing some lab. She's beautiful though, whatever she is. Her eyes are really stunning :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Her eyes really are stunning. I'm seeing pit and maybe lab, but I'm no expert at these things. Beautiful dog!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Looks like a smooth coated version of my late Suzi. I described her as being a "collie version of the Pit Bull." She was short and stocky, much like your grandparents dog. Very barrel chested, too. Even though she ran the hills like a maniac, she was always thick because of her natural build. Solid muscle, like that pup.

If I were going to label that dog as anything, it would probably just be a "farm mutt." There are obvious traces of some bully in there, but there are other characteristics that might imply ACD, Lab, and maybe BC.

Beautiful dog. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts