Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking Golden/Shepherd/Spaniel (Tibetan is my best guess). He is grossly underweight at 14lbs, and about a year old. So I'd expect him around 20-25lbs full grown.

I see the Shepherd in his nose primarily. I see Golden in his coloring, coat, and especially feathering. I see the Spaniel in his size, eyes, and crown/head shape. Also, Tibetan Spaniels tend to be a light golden color so that could play into the mix also.

For now, I'm calling him my "Puerto Rican Terrier" (the vets affectionate description of Satos)

Some pics of him before I rescued him last week

What do you think??

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could someone move this to the rescue section? I was too hasty and I guess I posted this in the wrong section.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
There are hundreds of posts here in the pictures section of people wondering what breed their rescue may be. It's fine here :)

I think tibetan spaniel is a good guess. Because of size, I wouldn't think shepherd or golden though I have seen some pretty small goldens, and many shepherds from european lines are much smaller than the horse-sized ones here in the states. The color and feathering could both be from the spaniel.
For the rest, I'm not sure. Maybe some kind of herding breed in there somewhere, like a border collie?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts