Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everybody. i wanted to share some pictures of my puppy. hes a parvo surviver, now hes a ball of energy.. i was told he is a possible boston terrier/ chihuahua mix but the adoption agency did say they didnt know FORSURE.. hes 16 weeks old. 10 lbs. good sized paws and already bigger than our 4 year old chihuahua so it seems he may get pretty big. makes me wonder about the breed.. here is some pics if you want to take a guess:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow, he's very cute. I can definitely see where they got the idea for Boston Terrier mix, but have no guesses beyond that.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I definitely see Boston Terrier! It's hard to say what he could be mixed with though... Chihuahua is probably a good guess based on the shape of his head, ears and body. He's SUCH a cute dog, though! Be sure to post lots more pictures of him as he grows up. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I do see the Boston Terrier in him, but he'll probably be 25 pounds or so when he grows up. . .so Chi mix seems unlikely. Maybe JRT or Rat Terrier?

·
Registered
15 Posts
cute pup... i think he does look like he could be boston terrier/chi... if not chi, maybe boston terrier with corgi? he looks pretty sturdy and is pretty heavy for a chi though but you never know what you'll get with the mixed breeds... perhaps more of the BT build so the weight is more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i tell ya, he definetely is cute.. i do know (as all of you mentioned) the adoption agency said the mom was a boston terrier so thats obviously confirmed. but they just claim chihuahua for the other half but it was never verified.. i dont know he doesnt look much like other bochis but like cheeky said, you never really know what you get with the mixed ones!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I definitely see Boston Terrier! It's hard to say what he could be mixed with though... Chihuahua is probably a good guess based on the shape of his head, ears and body. He's SUCH a cute dog, though! Be sure to post lots more pictures of him as he grows up. :biggrin1:
There's actually something about him that reminds me of Sydney. Not sure what her mix is?

Like everyone else, I definitely see Boston and maybe Rat terrier or Jack Russell Terrier. Whatever he is he sure is a cutie.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
There's actually something about him that reminds me of Sydney. Not sure what her mix is?

Like everyone else, I definitely see Boston and maybe Rat terrier or Jack Russell Terrier. Whatever he is he sure is a cutie.
It's probably their common muttly muttness, hehe. But as for her breed, who knows! :p The flavor of the week is rat terrier/beagle/ACD. I could definitely buy JRT in the OP's dog, but I think it will be easier to tell when he's full grown.

For comparison, Sydney was a difficult puppy to identify too (not that it's much easier now).

·
Registered
15 Posts
i tell ya, he definetely is cute.. i do know (as all of you mentioned) the adoption agency said the mom was a boston terrier so thats obviously confirmed. but they just claim chihuahua for the other half but it was never verified.. i dont know he doesnt look much like other bochis but like cheeky said, you never really know what you get with the mixed ones!!!
yes, i say that because my puppy is half chihuahua and definitely has chihuahua features, but she's a big girl... she's already 9 pounds at 15 weeks old.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
just a quick update now that Dallas has gotten quite a bit bigger. i would probably throw out the chihuahua idea now that he is 30ish pounds. still not sure though.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I still see BT too.

My big-eared brindle girl is also about 30 lbs. (full grown) and is still a mystery to me too.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Definitely see the Boston Terrier in there too.. Boglen terrier mixes are quite popular (Boston/Beagle), however typically they have floppy ears, from what I've seen anyway. The shape of his head (being a bit more narrow) definitely suggests there's something else in there but I can't tell, I would have guessed beagle or corgi or something along those lines though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts