Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just over a month ago I posted asking your opinions on what breed(s) Nala was. Most of you said Pit, at the time the pictures made her look that way, but she didn't look it in real life. Now, she's grown into that look, and I want to see if you guys see anything else in her.

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I definitely still see pit bull in her face and ears....but her coat color and pattern suggest something else is in the mix as well.....maybe pointer or English coon hound?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Pit x Australian Cattle Dog (red heeler).

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I say Pointer but ACD is possible too, definitely.

She is so cute :)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
def Pit in the face and i'd have to agree on the ACD for something else...or maybe Treeing Walker? i think they come in the red ticked....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, the most common thing people tell me is ACDxPit, I have seen a few Pointer mixes that look like her too though. She is pretty leggy right now, and I have caught her on occasion standing like a pointer (except she almost always has her tail up lol). I actually had one guy tell me that he would bet on her being pure ACD lol... She'd be one pretty poorly bred ACD.

The breeds they told us she was when we got her was AussiexRottie... Yeah right lol

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
...I have caught her on occasion standing like a pointer (except she almost always has her tail up lol).
It is the current fashion for pointing dogs to keep a "12 o'clock tail" when on point. In old paintings, it is usual to see pointing dogs with tails level with the topline. I recently had the opportunity to adopt (free) an English Pointer who was nearly a fully trained bird dog, because her tail didn't sit pretty enough to suit her owner/trainer. There were about 20 others champing at the bit to take her, but I was a 20 minute drive away. I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on that girl.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Some kind of hound or cattle dog and pit most likely. There's a little of 3/4 pit and 1/4 cattle dog puppies in a local rescue. All but one have pit markings, but the exception kinda looks like he has cattle dog..

(in the middle)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts