Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum! I have a rescued Boxer/Beagle mix who has been with us since he was 8 weeks old . . . he is now 5 and his name is Hamlet. He is an absolute JOY and we love him . . . before Hamlet, I was mommy to a retired racing Greyhound. Sadly, she died the day before our first child was born . . .she was a wonderful friend as well!

Anyway, we are in the process of adopting another dog and are hoping to adopt a mix breed from a local rescue. We have our eye on a 15 month old Boxer mix . . . the rescue knows that his mother was a Boxer and guessed that the father may have some pointer . . . however, he only weighs 37 (altho the photos make it seem like he is closer to 50 to me?? Maybe an old number)pounds which would seem smallish for a Boxer/Pointer mix?

Anyway, if you care to guess, or just see this beautiful boy, here are the photos! We are going to introduce him to our dog and children in a couple of days!!

Best,
Kelley

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Well, first of all, welcome to the forum. Your dog is a cutie. :)

As for the mix.. it's some sort of hound or gundog, for sure. His body looks kind of Foxhound-like in the second picture, but then I don't think the face matches up. I wonder if he could be a Greyhound/Boxer mix. Or maybe the dad was just a mutty mutt! Sorry I can't be of much help.. I think this is a case of the indiscernible mutt :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
If he really only weighs 40 pounds, he may be something like Boxer/Beagle.

He is so cute though! I love that face.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the guesses! I can't wait to get my hands on him this weekend!! Hoping our sweet pup loves him!!

Kelley

·
Registered
637 Posts
i'd say Australian Cattle Dog or Dalmatian maybe

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I agree with tigress.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts