Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post on these forums. I have an 11 yr old mixed black labrador. I have never been quite sure what she is mixed with though. I've been told rottweiler, been told pit bull. For the past 10 1/2 years of owning her, I've never been absolutely possitive. So maybe if some of you that are more knowlegable on breeds could help me figure it out?

here's a picture of her:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
The markings make me think Australian Cattle Dog.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
With all the big press about Pit Bulls everything is a pit it seems. A lot of Lab mixes get called Pit Bulls because labs have a similar law line, wrinkled forehead, and deep eyes like Pit bulls have.

I've noticed that a lot over the past couple of years.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
the fact that her ears are erect says that it isn't Rottie and i, also, see no Pit there....i see either the ACD or maybe some GSD....it would have to something along those lines to give the pricked ears....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the fact that her ears are erect says that it isn't Rottie and i, also, see no Pit there....i see either the ACD or maybe some GSD....it would have to something along those lines to give the pricked ears....
I've got a bit to learn I see. Never knew that the ears would be a sign that there would not be a particular breed in her.

I was kind of thinking german shepard as well.

Thanks for the input everyone.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I also see the possibility of GSD, husky or ACD. NO WAY does that dog have any Pit in it though, the head shape and jaw are ALL wrong for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts