Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The morning that we were supposed to take Bree (the Brittany spaniel) to the vet we woke up to find that she had passed through the night. Whatever kind of infection she had, she just couldn't beat and only if she would have waited till morning we could have possibly saved her. Maybe if I had stayed awake with her....I hope she is in a good place because she deserves the best after growing up in a horse stall for a year and a half.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sure she is in a better place ... with the rest of our loved pups who have passed on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Abbylynn! It's the first death of a pet my daughters have to deal with and I don't know who is taking it harder!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Please don't blame yourself. If it was her time to go, you being awake wouldn't have made a difference. It sounds like you provided her with a wonderful home full of love, and that's all any dog wants.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
As someone who has lost a pet to 'suspicious circumstances' (we think someone did something to her but we can't prove it) I know how you can dwell on what you could have done to prevent it, I go through this still (& Izze died feb 10) at least a few times a day but it's demishing.

May you two meet at the rainbow bridge soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts