Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to this forum so I thought I'd first introduce myself. My name is Sonya and I have many critter babies and I'm all about them, love 'em to pieces! :p I have 7 dogs ranging in age from 10 months old to 12 years old. And actually, I have 8 dogs including my friend's dog - which stays with me full time (it's a long story). Then on top of that, I also have 12 cats and a ferret. ...Everybody recover from their heart attack okay? Lol

I already have many things I'd like to post, some good, ....some not so good (I gots some issues I'm trying to deal with :eek: ) But wanted to do an intro first. A few more things I'll admit, I'm known to leave LONG posts and I think I'm addicted to commas, lol. :D

So, I have a couple of questions about this forum:

1.) I've noticed not that many people include pictures in their thread and I've noticed there is a section that is specifically for pictures. So I'm wondering, is it okay to include pics in a thread or is it frowned upon? Not that the pic section is a bad thing, I think that's cool but I could see myself wanting to include a pic in certain threads I post.

2.) I've seen where other members have included a pic in their signature where they had a pic of each of their dogs. I figured it might be multiple pics made into one pic. I would really like to do that too. I went into my photo shop but couldn't figure out how to do that. So how do you include a pic of all your dogs in you Signature?

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
First of all, welcome to Dogforums! This is a great place to find information on numerous dog issues and I'm confident that you will be able to find some information to help you. :)

Second, we often include pictures in our threads if it applies to the thread...if you get my meaning? If its just snapshots that you took of your dog playing out in the yard and there is no point behind them besides just sharing them...then they more than likely belong in the picture sub-forum. However, if you have a health related question or a training question (for examples) and include a picture that illustrates the problem your having, then it is appropriate to include a picture, video, etc.

As for signatures, there is a tutorial in the off topic section of the forum that does cover signatures to some extent and how to make them.

http://www.dogforums.com/7-off-topic/41395-video-signature-tutorial.html

For this particular tutorial, it uses Gimp (much like Photoshop), which is a free download.

Finally, I'll introduce myself to you since you introduced yourself to us. I find that it is easier that way as a new member when you trying to figure out who everyone is. ;) My name is Mindy. I have 2 dogs, a black Lab named Eddie (2 years) and a English Mastiff named Uallis (pronounced 'Wallace'), he will be 2 years old in March. I also have 2 cats named Max (6 years) and Gus (5 years).

Again, welcome to Dogforums and I hope you are able to find what you need. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello and welcome My name is Brandi I have 2 dogs Lucy is my Black Lab/pit mix and she is 3 and the greatest dog, Roxy is our chowliepeidoberdane and she is almost 6 months and is a sweetie pie. I also have 4 cats Phoenix, Taylor, Nahla, and Alley they are all between 10-12 years old, a bearded dragon Sydney, a red earded slider turtle Cooter, A newt, gold fish, and a hamster, and one very understanding husband lol, so we too have a very full house and I love every minute of it.
Anyhow I am still pretty new and love it here the people and conversations are great. I too have longs posts welcome hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Hmmm, I think you might have me beat, LOL. I have 3 BIG dogs, 10 cats (inside....some ferals outside, too. So far, 3 have been trapped and vetted), 2 rabbits, 3 ferrets, 2 salamanders, 4 Russian tortoises, 3 fish tanks, and some land hermit crabs.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Hi there! My name is Melissa, I hail from Singapore with my two Beagles -- Honey's 9, and Spunky's 10 (to turn 11 in July). It's a pleasure to meet you.

Pictures in threads are fine as long as they aren't too large or image-heavy. Several of our members are on dial-up connections and they don't want to enter a thread in the Training forum that ends up being chock full of pictures and slows the page loading down. We all LOVE to see pictures of each other's dogs, but it's nice to know what you're getting into. So go ahead and post a couple of relevant pictures in a non-picture thread if you want, but picture threads should probably be reserved for the appropriate board.

As for signature, the thread that Mindy linked you to will be of help... Photoshop also works with "layers" so the Gimp tutorial is still relevant. Do remember that there are regulations on signature size here, so you don't want to make yours too enormous and then find out you can't use it. If you really can't figure out Photoshop, you can try asking for help and another member might volunteer to give you a hand with making a simple signature pic.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hello, and welcome to Dog Forums! I have 2 dogs, Buck(a 7 year old Lab mix) and Jake(17 month old Shepherd Mix), as well as three cats(all siblings, 5 years old), a guinea pig, and a turtle.

The folks above appear to have pretty much answered your picture related question, so I'll just say that I hope to see some pictures of your animals up in the picture forum soon. Have fun! :D

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello again, nice to meet all of you guys! Feels great to talk to others who "understand me" with all the animals.

Mdawn, thanks for the link to the video to make my signature pic. It really helped me a lot!

I'm still working on my signature though. :( I followed everything in the video, including sizing the signature to 165 (at least that's what I thought he said), then letting the program match that number. Well, apparently I goofed and my signature size ended up being 500x165 ... not 500x100 as it's supposed to be. Doh! So I thought I could just go in and re-size the finished product itself. Nope! All that did was squish everything. So tomorrow, I'll just start all over again and re-do everything, this time making note I have the beginning size set correctly, lol. :rolleyes:

Blackrose, I'll be glad to post some pics of my ferret. I ~LOVE~ sharing pics. :p I'll post them a little later after I figure out my signature. Really wanna get that made. :D

As for right now, I have SERIOUSLY got to get to bed. Way past my bed time and I gotta get up early for work.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Hey! The dog in your sig (middle pic....Toehuntai?) looks a lot like my Toby. Do you know what breed mix he is?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awww, Toby is cute! He looks like a Toby too, lol. I think mine has some sort of Terrier in there too due to Camillia only being 22 pounds, plus Dutchess' fur has a bit of wirey texture to it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, wow, I just now see that there IS a section for first time users introduction. I swear I looked for that. I havn't the slightest clue how I managed to over look the section. Oops. :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts