Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Abbylynn has been such a good dog. She has advanced from that pup who used to huff and puff and growl and bare her teeth ... running full speed at you head on to knock you down in the dirt .... to a very good girl. :)

I was so proud of her today. Eddee is such a big puller and it is difficult at times for me to try and train him when it is hot outside.

All the training Abbylynn has had paid off today. I just have to brag a bit on her .... as I am so proud of her. :D

I hooked up the coupler to her and Eddee. I tried this with Eddee and Blu Boy ... only to face a disaster when Eddee pulled the harness of of Blu Boy out in the middle of the street!

Yes .... such a huge size difference. 65 pounds vs 15 pounds now.

When I said "stop" ...Abbylynn stopped on a dime like a horse with a roped calf. Lol! Eddee was halted immediately. :) When I said "pull" ... Abbylynn pulled him forward. When Eddee started to pull ahead as Abbylynn and I were heeling ... Abbylynn automatically stopped. I think she knows what I am trying to train Eddee to do ... she knows he has no manners! Lol! :D

She is getting a special meal tonight. She made our walk so much easier this afternoon!

She still hates the camera though ....... Lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Abbylynn has been such a good dog. She has advanced from that pup who used to huff and puff and growl and bare her teeth ... running full speed at you head on to knock you down in the dirt .... to a very good girl. :)

I was so proud of her today. Eddee is such a big puller and it is difficult at times for me to try and train him when it is hot outside.

All the training Abbylynn has had paid off today. I just have to brag a bit on her .... as I am so proud of her. :D

I hooked up the coupler to her and Eddee. I tried this with Eddee and Blu Boy ... only to face a disaster when Eddee pulled the harness of of Blu Boy out in the middle of the street!

Yes .... such a huge size difference. 65 pounds vs 15 pounds now.

When I said "stop" ...Abbylynn stopped on a dime like a horse with a roped calf. Lol! Eddee was halted immediately. :) When I said "pull" ... Abbylynn pulled him forward. When Eddee started to pull ahead as Abbylynn and I were heeling ... Abbylynn automatically stopped. I think she knows what I am trying to train Eddee to do ... she knows he has no manners! Lol! :D

She is getting a special meal tonight. She made our walk so much easier this afternoon!

She still hates the camera though ....... Lol!

]
What a beautiful, wonderful, girl.

(Jack is leashing training Kylie, too. It's a thing of beauty. He's all of 25 pounds, but to her <10, it's still quite a difference. And very handily, she can't budge him *G*

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank yoiu. :) It is so neat how these trained dogs have a way of helping out! Lol!

Sorry ... I am having difficulty with downsizing my pics on my Dad's computer! Uuuuugh .... now I have two different pics!!!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Thank yoiu. :) It is so neat how these trained dogs have a way of helping out! Lol!

Sorry ... I am having difficulty with downsizing my pics on my Dad's computer! Uuuuugh .... now I have two different pics!!!

Editing! I know how to do it. *saves people* I have no idea why I quoted the image - I'm sorry about that.

It actually is pretty amazing. Honestly, Jack and Kylie both have their strengths... they're just not the same ones. Keeps things interesting, anyway?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Editing! I know how to do it. *saves people* I have no idea why I quoted the image - I'm sorry about that.

It actually is pretty amazing. Honestly, Jack and Kylie both have their strengths... they're just not the same ones. Keeps things interesting, anyway?
It is ok about the image .... no problem ... other than I really am bummed out that my computer is down. My Dad's is a royal pain when it comes to photobucket! Lol! :D

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Go Abbylynn! Maybe she's just sick of walks being interrupted for training and decided to whip the new boy into shape herself.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Good for her AND good for you. Training is paying off. She has a kind of noble look in the second photo, very dignified dog :) Get that camera out and get some treats going, we need photos of Abbylynn!

I love having a nice stable dog to help "train" and rein in the newbies. Foster Frankie went nutty on me in the park Monday (overexcited lunging and howling) and Chester just stood there stock still. I couldn't have handled two crazies that combined outweigh me.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good for her AND good for you. Training is paying off. She has a kind of noble look in the second photo, very dignified dog :) Get that camera out and get some treats going, we need photos of Abbylynn!

I love having a nice stable dog to help "train" and rein in the newbies. Foster Frankie went nutty on me in the park Monday (overexcited lunging and howling) and Chester just stood there stock still. I couldn't have handled two crazies that combined outweigh me.
Thanks guys!

Yes ... Abbylynn always looks so proud. I think she is very proud of herself ... and I do believe she is a happy dog. :) I have often thought as of lately that Abbylynn would make a great role model for foster dogs. I wish I had that ability ... she would probably enjoy it. She is very people and other animal oriented. She is a sweet dog ... and I am not being bias ... she really is.

Chester is a great role model and teacher from all the posts I have read and observed. :D

OH! ... And I made her boiled chicken to go in her dog food tonight. She was a happy camper!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts