Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now a 10 month old Siberian Husky, he's a great dog has been through training school and he did great. We walk him often because he is such a high energy dog he's getting better a coming on command and he sits heals and downs well. He's good when we're at home sometimes a little rowdy when we get home but he usually calms down after a while and goes and lays down. He's almost a perfect dog up until my boyfriend leaves. Almost as soon as he walks out the door and realizes he's not coming right back he goes wild. He jumps on the couch which he's not allowed to do, he barks at me constantly no matter how much I ignore him, when I do ignore him he bites me. When I try and correct him the same way my boyfriend does he shows his teeth and growls then bites me. He's an absolute nightmare, I often shut myself in the bedroom until my boyfriend gets home. I don't want to have to get rid of him because we love him so much and he is so well behaved when My boyfriends around but I can't have a dog overpower me like this I feel so helpless. Are there anyways to correct this to show him that I too am in charge? I've given him distractions, ignored him tried and correct his behavior and it seems like nothing works. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
My boyfriend did. And it was just basic sit stay and heal methods with a choke collar.
Well maybe you, boyfriend and dog head back to school and enroll again and you take training course. It would actually, since dog is living with you been more beneficial if you had taken original course. Your 10 month old Husky has now entered the teen ager years and I'm going to assume you are young and still remember all the horrors that teen agers whether human or otherwise can ponder up and do to unsuspecting people.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You know, there was a "It's me or the dog" with a husky in it at the situation was almost exactly what you just described. I don't remember the episode number/title but you may watch it and see if you get any ideas to help you along.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts