Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
If you have not, I would get a second opinion at a veterinary college.

If the diagnosis is the same I would take him back to the breeder if there is no chance of him (or you) living a normal life with this dog.

This is a very hard thing when dealing with such a young dog and I am very sorry you are faced with this.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Thank you for your advice and kind words.
May I ask why you suggest a veterinary college?
Another vet has viewed pictures of stools and been given all of the information they also said it is colitis.
It's incredibly hard because you would never think there was anything wrong by looking at him and he's so playful and happy with a beautiful temperament. It's heartbreaking to have to give him back. But the vet has said this is the issue for life.
Veterinary colleges often have greater availability of both diagnostic tools and latest treatment options. If you have the diagnostic results from two vets you might present these to a veterinary college and see if they concur or if they would like to examine the dog in case there is "something else."

It depends on what you want to do.

I had a dog present as if she had EPI years ago. It turned out to be a food intolerance. She lived to age 14.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts