Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 year old Boxer male who has been peeing in his sleep lately. I took him to the vet where they did a kidney scan (which was clean) then a urinary test. The latter proved that his body was more alkaline than acidic so the vet advised me to give the dog some canned food with dinner. ($300 later)

He still pees in his bed, but not every night. Any suggestions other than going to the vet?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
our pug did this.....it was after he got neutered that it started....we would put him in belly bands so he wouldn't make a mess because we never knew when it would happen.

our vet wanted us to put him on prion...but prion has an ingredient, sorry i forget which one....that has been banned in humans and i wanted a different answer than meds...

which is not to say that others have used it with great sucess.

we just made sure he peed several times a day....would walk so he could pee on every bush, every blade of grass and walked him often....after a few months, he stopped...hasn't done it since.

but those belly bands were a life saver. we got them on ebay. they were a whole lot better made than any commercial brand we tried.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Our Boxer occasionally has an accident while she sleeps. We took her to the vet for a urinalysis and they found some crystals in her urine. Once she was off antibiotics and her pee was normal again, her incidents have gone down dramatically. She still dribbles occasionally, but she no longer wakes up in a puddle. The vet couldn't find anything else wrong with her, so we've chalked it up to a fact of living with Lucy.

For your Boxer, try to make sure that he's emptied his bladder right before bedtime, or try belly bands as suggested above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts