Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine's brother needs to get rid of his dog. She is a 9 year old boxer (if anyone is interested, PM me! lol) and is apparently not good with their 2 young daughters. I find it very sad that they are getting rid of this dog after a lifetime with her, but that is a different story. Anyway, I contacted a few boxer rescues and the one that responded so far said that she is at the end of her life span and will not be adopted, so they are not willing to take her. I knew that bigger dogs did not live as long as some small breeds, but I did not realize that for boxers it was so short. Does anyone know of a reliable estimate of average life span? I know estimates are just that, but a guess would be helpful. Thanks!!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I would estimate a boxers lifespan to be between 8-12 years. my aunt just lost her boxer at the age of 7 from cancer (Cancer is a HUGE problem with the poorly bred individuals of the breed)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I lost my 12 year old boxer a couple months ago to cancer. I'd say 8-12 is a pretty good guess.

At 9 years old she could still have a few years in her.. how sad that rescues won't take her. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts