Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This will probably sound looney tunes, but after looking for 6 weeks, this one just "felt right," so I brought him home. He was listed as a Border Collie/Lab mix, IF that's really true, then he can pick freaking locks, lol!

He stands about 24inches at the withers, weighs 40lbs, and has a curly q tail(?). The possibility of a short haired Border Collie was just too good to pass up. Zoey and hubby are both enamored with this little gentleman!

His given name is "Bentley." *meh* Emmett sounds better to me... but I dunno...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hmmm, he looks pretty kick### actually. Very sharp. Nothing jumps out at me. I can believe the border collie, and don't see any reason to not believe the lab part. Looks like he's a bit well-built, slightly boxer-like? That's just a very wild guess. I believe the BC/Lab.

And the "felt right" thing is not looney at all. Though me getting a dog was VERY spur of the moment (had considered it previously and hadn't, but the day I did was just very spontaneous) I knew if he was an active, playful, nut that it'd just be "right" and I'd take him home. I did. That's the way it goes, sometimes takes a while, but you know... lol

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
hard to say from the pictures exactly, but if he's got really really short hair it might be pitty or pointer in there. Who knows, he's handsome. Are you sure he's only 40 lbs? He looks a bit more solid to me. Storee is 21 inches, not much to her and is 55 lbs.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's another. I'm not the best photographer, lol. But you can see more of his body. He may have lost a few pounds while he was at the shelter, he seems skinny as a rail to me!

Taking him out for some walkies, he needs to burn off some energy/anxiety/whatever. Bless his little heart, he keeps running up and down the stairs between hubby and I, we have a split. Only laying down when we both in one room, lol!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I can definitely see border collie, no idea what else though. I don't see lab, maybe pointer?

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
He could be a mix with a number of things. Could also just be a smoothie.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wondering is he might just be a smoothie too. Didn't know there was a "smooth" until I looked it up on Wikipedia.

Poor guy has itchy flakey skin, so we washed him in some banana nut exfoliating shampoo. Now he smells like a loaf of banana bread. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts