Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that I've had my Smooth Collie Bonnie for a couple of months, I thought it might be time to make a photo thread of her! We got her as a failed conformation dog back in June, and she has turned out to be an absolutely wonderful pup.

The day we brought her home:

We found out quickly that she can be a naughty hoarder! (That's seasoning salt in the second picture, lol!

She is a wonderful hiking companion. I take her off-leash hiking with me every Saturday and Sunday. She absolutely loves it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I adore smoothies - I was due to get a pup before Frodo. Would you believe four separate breeders plans fell though?! Obviously I wasn't meant to have one lol

She is absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you! They are truly wonderful dogs, collies. But it looks like you have been well-matched with your sighthound/lurcher brood!

She is extremely gorgeous! She looks so kind..
She actually is a very kind dog. From what I hear about other collie owners, they tend to be very agreeable, gentle, and mild-mannered dogs. Sometimes I think I can see her good soul shine through her tiny collie eyes!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
She is adorable! Don't you just love hiking with her? They're not so great for running with you (as you've found out) but they'll amble along forever.

But... how far can you get before someone stops you and asks, (1) Why did you shave your collie, or (2) asks what her mix is? Everyone's favorite guess for Cameron, my tri smoothie who passed in December, was German Shepherd/Greyhound.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She is adorable! Don't you just love hiking with her? They're not so great for running with you (as you've found out) but they'll amble along forever.

But... how far can you get before someone stops you and asks, (1) Why did you shave your collie, or (2) asks what her mix is? Everyone's favorite guess for Cameron, my tri smoothie who passed in December, was German Shepherd/Greyhound.
Yes! She does more than amble - she bounds up and down the hills like a deer. But put that leash on her to run, and suddenly she acts as if she's suffered a grave injury. She is SO funny! And yes, yes, yes - literally every time we go out someone asks if we've shaved her, or what mix she is. The funniest guess we got for her was Afghan Hound, haha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts