Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our new short term foster is here for about five days and has been here for about 3 hours. I think Jubel is in love, they've been playing and having a blast for the majority of the time she's been here. Will post lots of pictures and video in the next day or two.

She's only about a year old now so still have lots of puppy energy but Jubes is just having so much fun he doesn't think he's tired haha. Bonnie is something of a fearful dog, mostly with new people I think, and pretty submissive. Jubel's vocal play had her a bit uneasy at first but she quickly realized he is just playing and not going to hurt her and is now absolutely loving it. Fun to have a foster who'll actually play with Jubel, haven't had one yet haha. Looks like it'll be a fun few days with her here.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay so less fun when she's so excited to have a new buddy to play with that she doesn't want to settle down and go to bed. I'm sleepy. Sure hope the novelty of new dog wears off so I can get a good nights sleep tonight.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Lol! Sure hope you get enough sleep to take a few pics of them playing! :D

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha I got tons of pics and video last night just need to upload them. Right now I just want to curl up in a corner at work and go to sleep though. I took Jubel to daycare today so Bonnie and hopefully settle in at the house. Also my brother went out last night and didn't get home until around 1am, we had a meet and greet then so she won't be left with a 'stranger' when I went to work this morning. I left Jubel with my brother and brought Bonnie into my room hoping she'd settle down and sleep, it helped but she was still all over the place and randomly fussing. 5am I took them both out to go potty and did a switch with my brother, he got Bonnie and I took Jubel. I at least got some sleep for that last 1.5 hours before getting up.

Brother didn't want me to take Jubel to daycare at first because Bonnie is more comfortable with Jubel than she is with him. I stopped keeping them from playing for 5 minutes and told him he'd be dealing with that close to all day long if Jubel stayed. He agreed Jubel should go haha. He's never really seen Jubel playing with other dogs so I don't really trust him to know what is just playing and when Jubel crosses the line into too rough/bully so it's for the best today.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Yep ... good idea to take Jubel to the day care! Accidents can occur. This will give Bonnie some adjustment time with another human. Maybe she will see it isn't so bad after all. Poor girl.

Glad you got a tad bit of sleep! I will be looking for pics later today ... Doing the weekly shopping today due to my Nephews baseball finals tournament this weekend. :)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of pictures and some video posted here. I'm sure more to come over the weekend.

My brother already loves her. He asked "why can we foster her? She's awesome!" She'll be headed on to her new foster on Tue/Wed and we'll be bringing home Dugal, soon to be Duncan, on Saturday as our own long term foster. Pretty sure I won't have the same problem from Duncan keeping me from sleeping haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts