Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, last month my dog was diagnosed with a bone tumor on her front shoulder. our vet told us that because of her age(12 yrs) there wasnt much we could do, but he said that we found it pretty early. he gave us steroids to help allievate the pain but now our dog is constantly peeing in the house. i would take her out but she cant seem to get down the stairs anymore and i dont want to force her. but the problem is she doesnt always pee in the same spot she goes all over. we tried those pee pads but she always manages to just miss it. my floor is starting to buckle and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to get her to go in one spot or to clean it up better, because its rug shes peeing on and its soaking through before i can clean it up.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
First I am sorry that she has bone cancer. Second you could either keep her in one area that is easy to clean (ex kitchen) or you could put her in diapers. (if she is a large breed you can use human diapers with a hole cut out for her tail.) Or if it seems like the pred is not helping and you want something else for her pain talk to your vet about changing medications. Explain to your vet about the potty issue. (I had a dog in diapers for a year and if your dog is long haired it is essential that you keep her meticulously clean or you will end up with other problems.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts