Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yeah it's a cyst, both neck and on the rib. they are both healing up pretty fast. getting smaller. i'm happy and so is the dog. only troubles is putting tablets in him everyday. went right for about three days now he hates... sometimes makes little yelp noises when i hold his jaw - i hate doing it to him. so i just wrap the tablet in peanut butter and cross my fingers. usually he gobbles it up :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm glad he's doing better! We had a hard time getting pills into dakota. We'd be SURE he swallowed it and then out it would come, on to the floor.

Now we smush some cheese all around it. He eats it with no problem. Thinks he's getting a treat so he probably swallows it whole.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yeah i got a trick now. i just put the pill inside a big blob of peanut butter and he swallows it. loves the stuff.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I was going to suggest you wrap in a piece of cheese, or, if a powder in a capsule, mix it in some really good can food and give it just before his meals. I'm glad to hear he's on the mend.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Aww well glad to hear he's getting better. My dogs are smart enought to eat the cheese around the pill and spit the pill back out. Even if its dog food, hotdog, whatever. So we have to open their mouth, shove it way far down, and stimulate them to swallow.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.