Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi ME AGAIN LoL

I took Cash to the pet store today for some interaction, he hasnt been interacted with any dog besides my female since an altercation with the neighbors dog (yes he came over even with a physical fence) the altercation lasted less then a minute and well the neighbors dog got the worse of it, I guess any dog sweet or not will defend themselves if a dog charges them in an aggressive mannar... Cash has always been Dog friendly and people. he still loves people, and today he was fine with the big dogs at the pet store, he did get fixated on a dashound..

Im getting ready to go read some information on body language but he did great with an ENglish Mastiff, both dogs wagging tails(in a happy way) then Cash had his ears back, I was told that meant he was unsure of himself and scared...and that he was testing the mastiff, it was odd the trainer at petsmart said that because the Mastiff owner was petting his dog and Cash at the same time kneeled down and they were licking each other...

We are going to my neigbors in a while to socialize with the labs that are pretty mellow like Cash.. so any info would help on body language, I have a few books and Im off to read..

Oh yea and the trainer mentioned something about Cash's eyes around other dogs, I told her his eyes are always that way and they are.

Ok Im reading in my book, this is the example my dog was portraying today.

Ears pulled back against forehead (teeth not visible, forehead smooth body low) translation "I accept you as my strong leader, I know you wont hurt me, conditions: an active pascifying and submissve signal"

Now the owners of the mastiff told me that with him being like that it meant he was ready to fight an was fearful..

I just returned home from the neighbors, they have 2 male labs and they also are not used to being around other dogs other then each other, and everything went AWESOME.. Hercules the black lab was by far the Alpha male, Cash was next in line, then the older HUGE fatty Harley.. they played and sniffed and played... Cash had no fear, no aggression he was a happy dog....

·
Banned
749 Posts
Just out of curiosity why would you take your dog in a pet store? Is this a pet store that sells dogs or was it a pet store that has different organizations that adopt dogs out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually took him to find something for him, he is real picky with toys, so I thought well he can go and sniff around and see what strikes his interest (he did find something) I usually go to Pet supplies Plus, but I went to Petsmart I knew they had some cool toys on clearence... And they do adoptions as well, I personally NEVER GO TO A PET STORE THAT SELLS ANIMALS.... I can also take my dogs to Tractor Supply and they have adoptions on weekends... Cash is far from dog aggressive and he wasnt fearful (according to what I read) Also Can a dog be "dog aggressive" to small dogs and not larger ones? or just maybe curious. Cash didnt want to hurt the little dogs he was just looking at them whinning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts