Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new ferret today named Bobo. His family was rehoming him because he killed one of their guinea pigs that they apparently let him interact with.

Here are some pictures from when we first got home. The cage is small but he will only be using it as a carrier as soon as I can get him to a vet to make sure he is ok healthwise.

The cedar is no longer there that is what they had. He now has a litterbox and is doing ok with it so far.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I got a new ferret today named Bobo. His family was rehoming him because he killed one of their guinea pigs that they apparently let him interact with.
Umm.....what did they expect? :eek:

He's a cutie. Hope everything checks out at the vet and good luck with a better name than Bobo!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't know anything about ferrets. Is that common?

He sure is a cutey.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is the funniest little ferret I have ever seen.

I couldn't believe when they told me they expected the ferret and guinea pig to actually play and nothing happen. The next step was to let him play with their bunnies :mad: poor bunnies wouldn't have had a chance (rabbits are a ferrets natural prey)

I don't think he was very well taken care of he stinks like nothing else has poo in his toenails which are very overgrown and his hair is so stiff you can't pet him without wanting to gag.

I am going to bath him and do all the usual to make him soft and pretty lol.

I take him to the vet tomorrow morning so hopefully he doesn't have anything wrong with him.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Aww he's so cute.

I'm glad we never ended up with one as I don't know the first thing about ferrets, but I do know that they can't play with guinea pigs!

Good thing you ended up with him. :D

Sorry about the smell...that must be awful! Do you know how old he is?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes, let us allow our carnivorous ferret play with a guinea pig...

Honestly, some people just make me want to smack them. However, I'm glad Bobo (or whatever you decide to call him ;) ) now has an owner that actually knows how to care for him! I've thought about getting a ferret, but I think my father would have a fit if I got any more animals, lol. Have fun with your new family member! :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is 2 years old.

The smell is horrible lol. We had to actually open the windows in the car that is how bad he smelled.

He will be introduced to my other ferret Smokie soon and then he will either be moving into a full (if they get along) or half of a Ferret Nation which I think he will like seeing what he has been in his whole life.

I think my mom (who I stay with) wanted to knock me in the head when I walked in with another animal lol. But luckily she says as long as I care and pay for them I can get whatever animal I want.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Aw, poor boy. :( I'm glad he has you to take care of him now! Anyone who keeps a ferret in that kind of cage, on that kind of bedding, with no litter box (and no grooming care from the sound of it), and then of all things lets them play with a Guinea Pig (while I am bending backwards trying to keep Dameon from getting to my pigs) is just an idiot and should never own a ferret until they at the very least smarten up.

The stupidity of people just suprises me...but after so long, I don't know why it comes as a suprise anymore.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have decide to name him Dopey (as in the 7 Dwarfs). Because if you wake him up he acts drunk or if he is playing hard and you touch him he gives you this like squinty head tilted look. LOL

He went to the vet this morning and got a clean bill of health except he has some fleas which I treated.

And well he just acts like Dopey from the cartoon it is quite funny to watch him

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm glad to hear that he has a clean bill of health despite the awful conditions of his previous life! Dopey sounds like a perfect name for him :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts