Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
I dont know that its the best of the best, rated #1....but its dog food. Its better than Ol Roy or Gravy Train. I feed my lab Blue Buffalo Limited Ingredient but we are switching to something cheaper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It depends on the dog. I have a high energy GSD x Husky/Patterdale. He does fine on Blue Buffalo and gets upset stomach on everything else. My mum sneaked him some digestive biscuits yesterday and throughout the night he has had explosive diarrhea. I don't know why i told you that.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
For the price, you can feed something a lot better. Alternatives would be Acana, Dr. Tim's, Farmina, Annamaet, etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
IF that is all they will eat then fine but I agree its cost a lot. You can find something just as good for a better price. Try Taste of the Wild or Chicken Soup for your Soul. Go with what works for your dog and you. Don't buy just because of commercials or price tag.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
You can do better for that price. Kabota, who will cheerfully eat a rock, wouldn't eat the "Lifesource Bits". Since that's where all the vitamins and minerals are, that was a problem. I ended up having to toss a huge bag of it.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I don't know how expensive Nutro is these days but you can get better quality foods for about the same price or less.

I bought Nutro Natural Choice 3 years ago for about $35 for 15 lbs, I can get Annamaet, Dr Tim's or Farmina for about the same. I purchase 20 lbs of Annamaet for $35 and it is a higher quality food.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
You can feed something just as good or better for less money. It isnt a terrible food, though they have had some issues with recalls in the past, but IMO they are no better then Pro pac, Victor, 4 Health (tsc's brand), holistic select, or even taste of the wild are better than BB. I dont have an issue with it on paper, just that its pricy for what it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts