Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched my dogs from Eagle Pack Holistic Select fish to Blue Buffalo fish when EP was taken over by WellPet. My dogs have been eating Blue Buffalo since May (about 5 months). All of their poops are inconsistent, as far as soft or hard. (Generally on the softer side). My younger girl started itching toward the end of August and I thought it may be seasonal allergies. However, I tried switching her food anyway to Taste of the Wild fish since I read that Blue Buffalo includes chicken broth in it's fish variety. She hasn't scratched much since then. Basically, my question is - has anyone else fed their dogs Blue Buffalo and if so, what has your experience been? I have heard from several others that their dogs itched or they lost their coats. But I'm wondering if it's related to the food or just this weird weather we're having! Could anyone recommend a fish variety that is a single source protein if you don't recommend Blue?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Blue is a pretty good food. But no food is right for ALL dogs---if it doesn't agree with your dog, that's all you need to know, really.

California Naturals has a fish-based food. Natural Balance L.I.D. has one also, I believe.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had the same experience with Blue Buffalo..I like the company and the ingredients are good quality, but my dogs just couldn't handle it digestively speaking. They did love the food, though!

Yes. Natural Balance has a Sweet Potato and Fish formula. The above poster is right about California Natural having a Herring and Sweet Potato formula, although it is not grain free. They are also coming out with a Fish Evo formula. I heard at the end of Oct, it should be in stores! I might even give that one a try.

Fromm has a fish formula...I just remembered.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I switched my dogs from Eagle Pack Holistic Select fish to Blue Buffalo fish when EP was taken over by WellPet. My dogs have been eating Blue Buffalo since May (about 5 months). All of their poops are inconsistent, as far as soft or hard. (Generally on the softer side). My younger girl started itching toward the end of August and I thought it may be seasonal allergies. However, I tried switching her food anyway to Taste of the Wild fish since I read that Blue Buffalo includes chicken broth in it's fish variety. She hasn't scratched much since then. Basically, my question is - has anyone else fed their dogs Blue Buffalo and if so, what has your experience been? I have heard from several others that their dogs itched or they lost their coats. But I'm wondering if it's related to the food or just this weird weather we're having! Could anyone recommend a fish variety that is a single source protein if you don't recommend Blue?
Why did you switch foods because EP merged with Wellness?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used Blue Buffalo once with Sasha. She did well on it, but lost interest in it so I switched. Never had any problems with it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts