Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i feed my dogs innova. they are doing great with it and i really like the food. but, i would like to rotate and thought about blue buffalo. i did some research and it seems like there are a lot of complaints lately, also people that say their dogs and cats got really sick.
what else would you recommend? maybe wellness? i don't want to order the food online and they dont sell acana anywhere near.
i get influenced so easy by what people say :confused: so i need some advice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
BB seems overpriced for the quality. Wellness Core would be a better choice for both quality and price. Earthborn is another good choice. It comes in both grain and grain free formulas.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Blue Buffalo is about the same quality as Wellness. Blue Buffalo Wilderness is their grain-free line, which is comparable to Wellness Core. I've heard nothing about dogs getting sick on these foods, but I'm assuming what you're talking about is related to the issues with Diamond? Personally, I wouldn't let that bother you, but it's obviously something you have to decide for yourself.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i googled blue buffalo reviews and then it showed me reviews and complaints. "a lot" of complaints lately.
i will finish innova and then see what food i am going to switch to.
i know, i'm influenced way too easy by what people say.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Leave enough of the Innova for a gradual switch, otherwise it can irritate their tummy.

I did forget about BB Wilderness; I was comparing it to BB Freedom which is also grain free.

After you get feedback from others, check out dogfoodadvisor.com to compare quality.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
i googled blue buffalo reviews and then it showed me reviews and complaints. "a lot" of complaints lately.
i will finish innova and then see what food i am going to switch to.
i know, i'm influenced way too easy by what people say.
Well, Wellness is a great food too, if you're more comfortable with that and have it available nearby.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i will go with wellness in the future. even though i know blue buffalo won't made my dog sick, i always have that in my mind and then i always think whatever "weird" happen, is cause of bb. *lol*

·
Super Moderator
11,836 Posts
I am skeptical of consumer complaints on the Internet. Recalls don't necessarily trouble me, either, depending on who initiated them.

I feed Taste of the Wild. When I Google "Taste of the Wild Complaints," I can quickly locate long lists of "Adverse Event Reports" (complaints.) You'd probably get similar results with any consumer food out there.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know. thats why i dont google dog foods anymore ;-) but i did with bb...big mistake :doh:
but the store close by also carries wellness, so i will try it out.
should i still buy puppy food for my 7 month old lab? or is normal food ok?

·
Super Moderator
11,836 Posts
Most people feed puppy food for the first year. Molly (the only puppy I've had in about 50 years) got Canidae All Life Stages because we also have an adult dog and I preferred to feed them the same thing.

You'd probably get similar results with any consumer food out there.
It's been four minutes since I posted this and I can't believe nobody has suggested a raw diet. That might be an option for you if you can manage it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
raw diet is not gonna work for me i dont think. i know nothing about it, would be worried my dog does not get what it needs, ... and i just dont think its the right thing for me.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
There are many dog foods out there, some that have a good track record are Fromm, Earthborn, NutriSource, Annamaet...

·
Registered
400 Posts
raw diet is not gonna work for me i dont think. i know nothing about it, would be worried my dog does not get what it needs, ... and i just dont think its the right thing for me.
You could feed a grind until you're comfortable.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, thank you everybody. still open for more dog food advice :hungry:
but i think i will try wellness...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so even though i dont think i will switch to blue buffalo, why are there so may negative posts on that petfoodtalk.com website? seems a little weird, since other dog foods have positive ones or bad and good ones. just wondering...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts