Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, it's been a few weeks since I posted last. Been quite busy house training Ellie and taking care of lolarmy paperwork.

I noticed earlier this week that Felix, my Aussie Corgi, has had darker than normal BMs. I was unphased by it because most of it had remained its regular color. As of this morning, he has started to have spots of bright red blood mixed in with it and it took a bit longer for him to do his business (he was straining). To me, it seems like he ate something he shouldn't have and is trying to pass it but I wanted to get other thoughts before I brought him over to the vet.
His activity level is normal. His appetite is normal. His sleeping habits are normal. I can't seem to find anything in the house that appears to be missing. He is also UTD on shots. He went to the dog park on Thursday but his bowels were different even before we went, so I don't think he could have gotten into something there.
He has gotten into things before (like my hairbrush x2) but it didn't take him that long to pass it out.
How much longer should I wait to see if he passes something before I take him to the vet? The red blood tells me it's somewhere in the lower GI. The BMs haven't been runny or anything. Thoughts?

(Edit: Just noticed I should have put this in the health section. Sorry guys =\)

·
Super Moderator
12,177 Posts
How much longer should I wait to see if he passes something before I take him to the vet?
I wouldn't have waited the time it took you to post the question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts