Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello! this is my 4th health question regarding my baby, I already dewormed him and
complete vaccines but today I got scared because I saw my baby's stool got blood on it :(
I dunno what to think or do..I read @ google that it might be just bcoz of the food bones
and yes, last night I gave him chicken bones bcoz he go crazy about it. what do you think guys? is it just bcoz of the bone? or is it more serious?

here is the stool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
That doesn't look good. Any time there is blood in the stool there is great cause for concern. Make an app't with your vet, immediately.

Are these COOKED chicken bones that you are feeding ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,950 Posts
NEVER feed cooked chicken bones. it can kill your dog. RAW chicken bones are ok. Cooked chicken bones turn into splinters and can poke through the intestines as they pass through. Go to the vet! It could be the bones and it could be a SERIOUS problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
^^^^ Yes, definitely what they said!! Please call your vet asap!^^^



And.... I know, I know, I'm getting distracted, but is the poop on your granite countertops??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@mycharlie:
~no, its on the floor

my baby doesn't seem in pain or anything, he still acts normal eats normal and pretty much play everytime.
the only problem is teh poop :(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,240 Posts
@mycharlie:
~no, its on the floor

my baby doesn't seem in pain or anything, he still acts normal eats normal and pretty much play everytime.
the only problem is teh poop :(
It doesn't matter, if I saw poop like that coming out of my dog I would be calling an emergency vet. This can get worse FAST. He NEEDS to see a vet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,415 Posts
Again...SEE A VET ASAP. It can only take minutes to have the bone perforate an internal organ, and kill him. It is a horrible, painful way to die.

In the future DO NOT FEED COOKED BONES. Look up "hazardous things for pets". Avoid chocolate, Ibuprophen, onions, grapes, raisins, any cooked bones. Limit fatty/greasy things like chicken skin, as you can cause pancreatitis.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top