Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I found blood in my dogs poop this morning. I scheduled a vet appointment, but I'd also like to hear what people think it could be. My dog is male, 5 years old, and an eskimo/sheltie mix. The blood was bright and seemed fresh, but he's eating, drinking, and overall behaving normally. The poop was really runny, but only the last time when their was blood in it. As far as I know he doesn't have ticks, fleas, and didn't eat anything weird. Any ideas as to what this could be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not entirely sure but it could range from stomach flue - infection. What kind of food is he on? A whole ton got recalled, not sure what kind you feed your dog. Hope he gets better soon!

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Bright red blood is generally from the lower intestine. Generally it's from parasites, but there are a couple different causes like trauma (happened to a dog at work eating dogs) or IBD. Your vet will be able to narrow down the exact cause.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Bright red means a problem at the bottom of the tract, or with the anus itself. If the blood were from higher in the tract, it would have darkened by the time your dog pooped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts