Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. i have a 4 month old pup. its a fox terrier crossed with a beagle. i walk him 1 mile or 20 minutes each morning. yesterday when i returned from the walk to notice blood coming from his paw. it seems like between his nails or somewhere. i noticed this morning that he is keeping his paw off the ground a lot instead of leaning on it too. im wondering what i should do about this. would it be ok to bathe it in warm salty water and dont walk him for a few days??

·
Registered
823 Posts
If he has a broken nail he may need the vet to remove it and get you some antibiotics. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Take him to the vet. If it's bleeding then there's a good chance for an infection to develop, esspecialy since the paw is in direct contact with a huge variety of dirt. It's already gotten worse since you first noticed it. And it's apparently painful for your pup since he's not putting weight on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to take him to the vets next tuesday. would i need to take him down earlier now with this issue? thanks for the help also. he also heats his legs a lot. im feeding him on royal canin and he loves it and i think its good too.

·
Registered
823 Posts
What are you taking him in Tuesday for? Could you move that up? I would not want to wait a week on this one. It hurts and could turn into much more of a problem than it is now if your dog gets an infection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im taking him to get his second injection on tuesday but i will try and get it brought forward to friday and get it sorted.thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts