Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..
my dog Thundra is so energetic & playful 11 years old staff ford shier terrier. her overall health is excellent. However, I recently discovered blood her in urine. We did Xray test in case if she has a stone in her kidney which came out to be negative. Her blood test is 98% fine as well. My vet treated her with some antibiotics for Urnary track infection but she pees normal & obviously blood is still there when she peeps & i don't think that any of her antibiotics are working.
My vet was recommended for Ultra sound which will cost me fortune, but don't have any choice at this moment.
I wanted to keep in touch with some people if anybody has experienced similar occasion with any of your dogs?
please any info. will help me. thanxs!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
There's really not much more you can do without more imaging in the form of an ultrasound. You can try the speical diet foods from the vet. But I would follow your vet's advice for the ultrasound if you want to know what's going on inside the dog.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
It sound like a bladder tumor--I am sooooo sooo sorry that whatever it is you are going through this

my terrier had a bladder tumor, we didn't opt for the sonogram because it was very expensive and did every other test (X-ray, blood, etc) that ruled out anything else--

Piroxycam was prescribed to her and it gave her a good quality of life for another year and a half (she was 8 1/2 when diagnosed)

On a side note, female dogs, in particular terriers, are susceptible to bladder tumors--in researching it, it appears that because of their "Squat" position when urinating when coupled with lawn products may contribute to--
for that reason, I will not put anymore lawn products on my lawn--I enjoy the dandelions

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh... hopefully it's not a tumor. :(
yea looks like i just have to take the ultra sound. her blood test came to be very healthy tho. as well as Xray. her eating is normal. i do have a yard but it's courtyard which is cover with stones. not grass. i mean she goes on long walks but it is way2 early to say she has a tumor tho. hopefully just an infection.
thanks for your info. appreciate it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts