Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone ever have a dog bleed out big puddles,from what I is hope one of those smoked sinew bones.Had her to the vet,and when we got home I found a bunch
of the sinew chew bone she tossed up in her house, when I went to change the blanket in it.Took all this(the blanket)back up to show the vet and she said likely.Anyone have something similar like it?:eek:

Anyone ever have a dog bleed out big puddles,from what I is hope one of those smoked sinew bones.Had her to the vet,and when we got home I found a bunch
of the sinew chew bone she tossed up in her house, when I went to change the blanket in it.Took all this(the blanket)back up to show the vet and she said likely.Anyone have something similar like it?:eek:

Oh a quick follow up no more bones regardless,unless strictly supervised.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had a dog nearly choke to death on a bone, trying to swallow it too fast.

What we were told is that even if the dog chews the bone properly, it can splinter & puncture an intestine.

So we do no bones here unless it is a soft stewed bone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our Boxer's gums will bleed if he chews a rawhide bone and it has been a while since he had one. It's definitely not big puddles but the rawhide bone does turn pink. He also routinely tries to swallow the last little piece before it's ready to go down and it ends up getting stuck at the back of his throat. There's nothing like sticking your hand down the mouth of a slobbering dog to pull out soft, mushy, slobbery rawhide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts