Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, we have a 10x15 area next to deck in back yard that has bushes and dirt. Our dog will play for some time outside and then go in the spot and fixate on it. Calling her name/using e collar will not generate a response from her. Was looking for advice to get dog to be less obsessed with area. She sometimes poops/pees there. Was thinking of putting a lattice fence up but she can clear our 3 1/2 foot baby gate we have inside for my 2 year old. Will she just eventually get bored of it? Thank you (we have had her for a week, she is 6 months old).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's entirely possible that there is some type of burrowing animal there. Either fence the area off or keep her on a leash to prevent her from going there.

Using an e-collar when she hasn't had any training will accomplish nothing, and probably make things worse. I'm an adult human, and when my fitness tracker vibrates and buzzes to let me know that I've been sitting at the computer for too long, I jump a mile, even though I know it will do that.
Thank you for your response. My only concern about the fence is that she can already clear pretty high fence at 6 months. Will look into it though

1 - 2 of 2 Posts