Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post and sorry to be a negative one, I just want to share a dog bite experience that I had 9 days ago.

I was on my way home from playing basketball. There is this short cut alley way that gets to my place faster, and I noticed a stray dog was barking at me at first, but walked away when I got closer, but then the dog came right behind me without me noticing and bit my right calf and it started bleeding pretty badly. I went straight home and my mum gave me some of her cotton pads (she usually use it to remove her make up lol), and my dad took me to the emergency room, and my mum called the police while dad and I was on our way to the hospital.

The doctor gave me a tetanus shot, and disinfected my wound, and pushed a lot of gauze into my wound because the open is kinda deep. Doc asked me to revisit the hospital in a few days, but during those few days, I need to visit a clinic to get it disinfected everyday. I can only get my wound stitched up until all the bacteria is gone, and I can tell that the bacteria is still very active by looking at my would and the color of the gauze (if it's yellow, or green like snot). I also have been taking antibiotics (I am on my second patch because the first patch weren't strong enough or the right ones to kill the right bacteria).

Anyways, it's been frustrating, I've been visiting either a clinic or a hospital everyday, and been on drugs for days, and can't take a shower properly. I just want this to be over and have it stitched up, so I can at least have a proper shower. And play sports again in a few months which is the hardest thing for me.

You may think why I didn't get a rabies shot, because I live in Taiwan, Taiwan is a non-rabies country as I was told.

I found these pictures on the internet, as I don't really know how to post a picture taken by myself, but the link below is a picture of the dog that looks like the one that bit me:

http://taipei.tzuchi.org.tw/rhythms/magazine/content/70/images/91.jpg

Below link is just to show how deep and opened is my wound around my right calf:

http://www.alohacouple.com/Images/Dog bite.jpg

My sister's friend works in an organization that's responsible with catching stray dogs, and knows which dog bit me because this dog has bitten a lot of other people who walked through that small short cut to get home. And the organization have tried to catch the dog but had no luck finding it when they came with their dog-catching tools.

Thanks for reading and any feedback is appreciated, I want to post a few pics of my schnauzer in the next post:wave:

Wayno

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey Wayno, welcome to the forum and tough on the dog bite.

Buddy I would be getting another opinion on that bite. Usually if you do not stitch a wound within 24 hours it makes it more difficult to do and harder for the skin to knit. Usually clean the wound out by forcing antibacterial fluids through the wound to flush out any foreign matter and then sprinkle anti bacterial powder in the wound and stitch it up straight a way.

Best case scenario for you is your going to have a cool wound scar. Will be able to chat up the girls and say "see this, got that when I escaped from a tiger." or "Oh that, yeah. Great White got me when I was surfing in Australia".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Nev,

Thanks for your reply:)
I was asked by the doctor to make a decision on either getting it stitched or stitch it a few days later after a few days of observation, to see if the bacteria has been erased or have been active and manifesting.

Haha yeah, my mate does that with his scar (I used to live in Sydney), and tells other girls how he survived from being stabbed on the arm by some gangster lol.

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
Just for the record, in the case that this bite makes it to the news, the dogs you posted appear to me to be feral dogs of some kind and not pit bulls at all. I know you didn't say that but I wanted to be extra sure... Sorry you got bitten, hope it heals up well. Sounds painful!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kayota:)
I just did a search on google and turns out the type is Pariah, here is the wiki page of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pariah_dog
The picture of the dog that I linked was searched from google too, by proper keyword search.
How do I create an avata? I want to put a pic of my dog too :D

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
Yeah that's what I meant, they're sort of the same thing. Here in the US we have pariahs called Carolina Dogs and I've always wanted one! They resemble dingoes :)

You can go to your profile to make an avatar... I'd be more specific but I'm about to fall asleep lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts