Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend my husband surprised me with a bike basket for Ziva. She loves it and its just her size. I have been trying to fold blankets up a certain way so she is comfortable and not just sitting on the steel mesh but its kind of awkward.
I was thinking I might be able to sew up something like you see for babies in the front of shopping carts now...you know, with elastic at the top that just folds down right around the outside? And I thought I could sew padding into the bottom so its softer.
I was just wondering if anyone had bought or made anything like that before and if so, had any pointers for me.
I will probably just draft my own pattern. Thanks.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Before I knew you wanted something similar to a shopping cart cover, I was going to suggest buying some little blankets. You could just get some little baby blankets from Walmart or Target or where ever. Those little baby blankets are what I use for my ferret. If you want to make a cover, you can find a couple of videos on YouTube - How to sew/make a child's shopping cart cover. Use those as a rough idea/guide and then go on a smaller scale. I've never tried to make one myself, so it may be easier said than done, lol.

Edit: Or better yet, go with Fuzzy Pants' idea. :D

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
That's cool!! I want to do that too for Luke, but first I need to purchase a bike, lol. She doesn't get sick, does she? That's the only thing I'm worried about with Luke because if he gets a bit woozy in the car, will he get that way in a bike basket?

Anyway...enjoy your rides with Ziva!! :D

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ziva loves to ride anywhere. I pop her in the truck with me and she stands up, holds the door handle and watches out the window the whole way. She sits right up in the bike basket too looking all around. My Zoey dog, though, she doesn't like fast motion....she cries in the car and paces if she isn't crated and if we drive any distance at all she pikes....so I don't think shed enjoy a bike ride even if she could fit in the basket..which she cant Bc of her big old booty lol

·
Banned
158 Posts
You may want to add some kind of screen to the front of your basket - a plexiglass or clear plastic one. Sort of like the rain protectors for baby carriages....It depends on where you are biking, but if you will be doing any on roads (rather than just trails, parks, etc) or around lots of other bikes, then you don't want something flying up from under someone else's tires and smacking her in the face!!! Better safe than sorry....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts