Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lab that jumps on the door to come inside. It's always when we are inside. What can we do to stop the dog from jumping to come inside? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thx -S

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have a lab that jumps on the door to come inside. It's always when we are inside. What can we do to stop the dog from jumping to come inside? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thx -S
How long are you leaving the dog outside? If it's just for a quick pee break, then maybe you need to stand and supervise until he's done so he doesn't get a chance to jump up at the door.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Yup, just don't leave him alone outside, and your problem is solved.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I agree with the above, but that said I had a similar but opposite situation. Caeda will occasionally jump at the door when we are outside getting home from work about to come in. We've taught her sit so that she will do it with a hand signal only if we want. When she jumped at the door (its a glass door yikes!) we would look at her, give her the hand signal and make her sit for a few seconds at least then come in to see her. It very much minimized her jumping at the door (she still does it occasionally, but only when REALLY excited), now when she sees us coming she usually greets us with a toy in her mouth and either sitting or standing wagging her tail. Something like that might work for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. He likes to stay outside in the nice weather for a while sometimes. I keep a close watch, but thank you. I'll have to try your advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts