Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Where can you get the breed signs? I did some hunting today and I couldn't find anything. One of the reasons that we got a Rottweiler was for guarding, and I'd rather cut it off at the pass with a sign that at the very least implies that we have a dog guarding the property (and what breed it is). So far every site I've found seems to focus on the toy breeds. :-/
http://www.signswithanattitude.com/dog_signs/rottweiler.html
http://signs-up.com/product.asp?p=68532028085
http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Xi...4A/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&qid=1298624242&sr=8-44

·
Registered
454 Posts
We were thinking of getting a sign simply so people are aware especially since Aggie is in the front yard. But I think the dog trolley gives it away. I know in Akron if you have a pit bull you are given a sign to put up that's neon green (it's quite pretty really, the green was supposedly a nod to not be a negative thing but rather an education thing) and says Pitbull on premises as that is part of the law there for owning a pure bred pit. My uncle has that along with the caution dog on premises signs on his privacy fence in the backyard. Of course the signs might as well say "caution, I will jump on you and give you LOTS of kisses". We do have a little magnet on our front and back doors that say we have a dog inside for emergency personnel. My mom bought it as a joke but I think it's adorable lol.

·
Registered
689 Posts
"My dog can make it to the fence in 2.8 seconds, can you?"
I have always wanted to get one of those signs to put up in my house just because it's funny. lol!! ;)

I don't have any gates at my house except for the one leading to the dog yard (which it would be stupid if someone walked in there because there is NOTHING in there that anybody would need to get unless they were stealing dogs or dog houses or something...) so I don't have any problems with people leaving gates open. However, I do have signs on my drive way, one says "Sled dogs use this trail" and then a sign with the kennel name on it just so people know that there are dogs on the premises. I bought one but the other I just made myself by taking a flat piece of wood, painting the words on it and nailing it to a tree. I've had problems with people trespassing so thats why I put up those signs.

So, instead, I have a sign like this: I also keep padlocks on the gates.
That is awesome!! I think I will make one only I will trade Grey Hounds for Sled Dogs. ;)

Reactions: noorsalma

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Here's that site for custom signs:
http://www.allsignsco.com/yellowsigns.html?gclid=CIfwtMubh48CFQp7PAodqhFd4A

And now I have to figure out exactly
what our signs should say.

They don't have my breed, of course.

We live in an apartment and keep our dogs crated, but I've been wanting to get a dog sticker for my car, but I can't find one I'm happy with.
My vet has a sign that says "The day God made dogs, he just sat down and smiled".

On topic: I would seriously advise against anything that is beware, warning, etc. You never know what can happen. When I had a yard, I used locks on the fences. $5 at Home Depot, and no liability.

Reactions: noorsalma

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it’s a good idea. If your dog leaves the property and bites someone, you will be liable. But if someone comes on the property without permission from you and the dog bites, the issue is not so clear. This will vary by country. I would definitely put an outdoor digital signage that implies the dogs bite because I want potential burglars to be warned.

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
This thread is from 2011 and none of the participants are active anymore. Please feel free to start your own thread or participate in current discussions, but I'm closing this one to further replies.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.