Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have had my dog for the past 3 months I have had the ongoing issue of finding a food that my dog can handle. I am now just finishing up the 2nd month on California Natural. The first month was on and off diarrhea. About 2-3 weeks ago he had a day where he had uncontrollable diarrhea. However, ever since then, his poops have been much better. In the morning they are always solid. In the afternoon they are usually solid, with a little soft stool "topping it off". His third of the day is usually the worse, especially if we go to the dog park.

I am tempted to try a different food, perhaps Natural Balance. I am nervous though beacause I don't want all of the progress to be lost.
What would you do? Stick with the California Natural or switch? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Sounds like he is doing fine. The worry about soft stool is dehydration and not getting the nutrition and seems he is doing a pretty good job with this food. The full colon is uncomfortable with the exercising and he is emptying his colon is all. Bet after you feed through the next bag things will be nicely settled down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts