Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit - I'm a sucker for nicely themed names for sets of dogs. What are the best ones you've encountered?

My favorite all-time was a pair of Pit Bulls named Triumph and Harley. It was just so appropriate to their personalities, too.

In the near-miss category, there was a pair of Poodles named Wellie (Wellington) & Nelson. It would have been perfect if they were Bulldogs, but they still could have pulled it off with any breed besides Poodles.

At the animal shelter, I met a litter of Lab pups named Jan, Marsha, Cindy, Greg, Peter, and Bobby.

I also enjoyed Mowgli & Baloo, and Harriet & Matilda.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
We have a client with 2 corgis named Nip & Tuck.
ETA: We have another client with 2 GSDs named Elvis & Presley

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
My boyfriend got really excited when I told him we could name two Shepherds Smith & Wesson

·
Registered
861 Posts
well..i don't mean to toot my own (nerdy) horn, but I have a cat named Samwise, and a dog named Rosie Cotton...

·
Registered
714 Posts
My boyfriend got really excited when I told him we could name two Shepherds Smith & Wesson

i want to name a pair of hunting dogs that! i told my husband when we have the room, we are getting some and thats what they will be named!
and maybe a third named remmington.

i also want to get a pair of dogs and name them, nuts and bolts!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Well there goes that idea xD (I try to avoid names that are terribly common, so out is Remington too, he'll be upset, lol).

·
Registered
714 Posts
Well there goes that idea xD (I try to avoid names that are terribly common, so out is Remington too, he'll be upset, lol).
well now i feel bad :( just dont tell him, and i doubt we will be getting any new pups anytime the future.

i think it would be oddly funny to name a pair of dachshunds oscar and meyer!

and my cousin once dated a guy, she was a white sox fan and he was a cubs fan, so they named their 2 cockers sox and cubs.

a friend once had a pair of rats named hansel and gretel.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
LOL, he wouldn't care, I just do.

It's why I don't have animals named Sam or Max, and hate the name of the Labrador (Buddy).

I've only ever seen two other dogs named Strauss, and they were both named for the jeans guy

·
Registered
637 Posts
i know two jack russells called trouble and strife

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
i had a dog named: cherokee
a goat named: Apache
a cat named Comanche

i also had a cat named Mazda and another one named Ferrari...i had an obsession with cars at the time.

I like greek/roman mythology so i've had a few pets named after gods/goddesses

my rats names are:
Hershey, KitKat, Twizzler, Snickers, Sobe

i get creative with names...

Bear came with his name but it is my favorite name for dogs. I grew up with a dobie named bear and had a few fosters with that name.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I don't know if it's really the same thing, but my dogs name is DJ & his brother (who is my moms dog) is JD

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
I'm yet to meet a non-human Kim or a Webster of any species but they aren't exactly themed...

However the best theme I've heard was a lady I met recently who, over the years, has named all her female dogs after flowers and all her males after weeds, which I found very cute and funny. I believe her current dogs were Violet (f), Lily (f), and Thistle (m).

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
it would be kind of cool to have a couple of SAR dogs named Sherlock and Watson. or if you had a male/female pair of SAR dogs you could name them **** and Tracy. :) or two girls could be Agatha and Christie

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It's not themed, but I have a friend who's dogs names are Casey and Masey. Both black labs, sisters actually. It's very hard for non-family members to tell them apart, lol.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
The first "theme" pet I had was my old man siamese mix Vandal, who I had to send to the bridge a week ago. Miss you my Vanman!

The theme is "delinquents and the 'hood":
Vandal (siamese x)
Tagger (tabby DSH)
Cracker (foxhound/lab) she came from a crackhouse..so she really IS from the hood.

I also knew a client at the AH that had all of her MANY rescue cats named after plants/flowers:
Hyacinth
Tiger Lily
Tansy and Teasle
Hawthorne
Lupin
etc

The best names I came across were JDM (just doesn't matter) for a deaf white cat and Petunia for the nicest female akita I ever met.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Law and Order names, of course ;) We've got District Attorney Jack McCoy and we know a pup named Detective Lennie Briscoe. We named one of our foster dogs Detective Elliott Stabler.

Though, I have to warn you, Jack was listed as "DA Jack McCoy" at the vet for a while. Not good to have an abbreviation that could also mean dog aggressive.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts