Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning
So the clasp on my leash just let my new 8 month old pup off leash today
He started pulling to meet the puppy on the other side of the busy street. He gives up starts walking nicely. The leash is slack for a few seconds and then falls to the ground. It didn't break. His leash and and collar look to be in good condition. It just unclipped itself half a mile into the walk. No clue how it happened. Luckily he didn't get hit or cause an accident crossing the street.
the clasp is the style pictured bellow. It was a nice heavy nylon petco leash.

Any leash recomendations? I don't want to spend too much because he went through two nylon leashes in the first two weeks with me. ( I've had him a little over a month.) He had a habbit of chewing / playing tug of war with the leash on walks. I think we've got it under control now but it still happens I can just usually stop it now.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
We switched to a chain leash when our dog was a puppy. She grew out of chewing leashes eventually. The chain one saved us buying a lot of new ones in the mean time.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I've had a leash just like this one from Wal-Mart for years without an issue. It definitely wasn't expensive.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have this leash for my borzoi puppy who enjoys lunging at things, and I love it! (the leash... not the lunging!)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I have a 4-foot snap lead from Mendota Products and I really like it. I LOVE this thing and doubt I'll buy another type of leash. It's made of dense nylon rope with leather splicings and a fairly heavy brass clip. The rope is smooth and I think the cyllindrical shape is easier to grip than a normal flat leash. The whole thing feels super durable. They come in a bunch of colors and there is also a 6-foot version. Mine came from a local pet shop up in Boston, but I think they have them on Amazon for fairly cheap. I would recommend this to anyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts