Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 12 week old alapaha blue blood bulldog. I haven't had a dog in over 2 years. I can't remember which chew toys to stay away from. I know any thing that can easily brake off to stay away from because they could possibly swallow it, but isn't rawhide a no no?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Rawhides are a big no in my book.
I like antlers, bully sticks, and Himalayans for longish lasting chews. Also, kongs that have been frozen with peanut butter, yogurt, etc in them are great for teething.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love Kongs and antlers for chews.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know what I would do without Kongs. After a long day of work and the boys are engaging in wrestle mania style antics with the living room as their arena nothing is better than a nice full Kong, keeps them busy for awhile! We have some antlers on order so we will have to see how they go...

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
The kong saved what little furniture I had left during muggsy's chewing phase. Rawhides are an absolute no for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yep, kongs for me too.
I have a stock of Snugga Wubbas in my closet, as well as the regular type where you can put the pastes inside.
No raw hide for me. Too messy, too easy to choke on, and hard to digest...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I want to stop giving Murphy rawhide as he's strong enough now to take parts off instead of just gnawing it to mush. Where does one buy antlers?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts