Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger is a German Shepherd Dog/Dachshund mix, he's about a year and a half. He weighs between 25 and 30 pounds. The first six months of his life he ate puppy chow. For about a year I've had him on Taste of the Wild. I give him two cups a day per the instructions on the bag.

Every little while he goes though aggressive spurts and he doesn't eat. Last night for example I gave him two cups of his food and he only ate a few bites, and when I tried to take him to bed he growled and snapped at me. I was wondering if he was missing something from his diet that may make him more irritable and if so maybe a suggestion on a good brand of food that's not totally made up of fillers. Or maybe it's just a behavioral problem and if that's the case I'll take my question to the behavior forum.

Thank you,
Danielle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your advice. I'll have to try it. I wasn't sure if the sudden switch from having corn in his food to having none.

Sibe this is Ruger:
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I know. There's some pictures on here of a dog that is a Kelpie/GSD mix and the two of them look a lot alike. My cousin did a DNA test of her dog and it came back Chihuahua/Cattle Dog mix, but the guy she got him from just told her his dad was a pit. Even when I just thought he was a Sheltie mix people would tell me he reminded them of a GSD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts