Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 7 month old puppy and am not sure what breed she is. We originally took her home thinking she was German shepherd/collie, but when our apartment complex said they didnt accept german shepherds, the vet changed her papers to shiba inu/lab.

Whats your best guess?

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I don't have a clue...just wanted to say that your pup is a cutie...:D

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
She's adorable! I'd say a labrador x german shepherd... that mix is pretty common. However, she could be made up of dozens of breeds, so who really knows.

I hate apartment complexes that discriminate based on breed! I've been bitten by more poodles and terriers than by any shepherds or pit bulls! I've been looking at new apartments, and so many won't allow shepherds or huskies... my favorite breeds. Dexter probably has some of both in him, but as far as we'll say, he's just a lab mix. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I'd say it's def part german shepard and prob lab... but if the apartment complex goes for it, good.

I hate apartment complexes that discriminate based on breed! I've been bitten by more poodles and terriers than by any shepherds or pit bulls!
chihuahuas! those little evil things should be banned before a pit bull.

lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I can understand their wanting to ban "aggressive" breeds, but any dog can be aggressive if it isn't raised right. And the thing that got me was that they had things like St. Bernards and newfoundlands on there, which I had always heard were very sweet.

But Prandtl is a total sweetie and loves to give kisses constantly. She is so tiny though and only weighs 20 lbs. I had thought that labs and german shepherds were bigger dogs. But it's true that she could have lots of other things mixed with her.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I too would say Lab/Shepherd but for the sake of the living conditions I would say Collie/Lab... Heck, how can they prove otherwise? More importantly does it change her from being a good dog to not if the breed is different? lol NOT!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts