Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions on what you all think works well for joint issues. If you have actual experience with a particular product, that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I have been buying Triple Flex from Costco for many years. It is for humans, cost about $25 for 120 pills. My older dog gets 4, younger and smaller gets 2 a day. I first pilled the dogs but they decided it was yummy for a few years. They now insist I grind the pills in a mortar and pestle and mix with green tripe the stinkers. I know it helped my dogs. They run agility and times improve, bars stay up and they are generally happier. A different joint compound from Costco without MSM didn't work as well.

·
Registered
818 Posts
My dog Desi has luxating patellas in both rear legs. I have had him on a joint supplement pretty much his whole life (he is 6 years old). I have tried Cosequin and Dasaquin (spelling) and found that he had loose stool with them. Then I came across a company called Springtime, Inc. They are a mail-order company only that sells supplements for dogs/horses/humans. They sounded intriguing...I thought I'd try some of their products (they often have bogo sales). So, I ordered their Fresh Factors (vitamin/antioxidant tabs that contain some glucosamine), their Joint-Health chewables (glucosamine/chondroitin/msm) and their Bug-off Garlic chewables. Their ingredients are all-natural and I figured "what have I got to lose?". Let's just say, I have been using their products ever since! It seems the Joint-Health chews really help Desi with his pain and limping! I know this because I ran out of them and started using Cosequin again. Loose stool and he still seemed to limp often. And this is one of the most popular joint supplements around. I re-ordered Joint-Health chewables and he is on them now. It seems no pain and definitely no limping. He gets two chews a day. I like the Fresh Factors, too, but I haven't used them in awhile. Also, IMO the Bug-off Garlic chews are a great all-natural flea repellant. I use them off and on with no problem. The Joint-Health and Bug-off Garlic also come in a powder form. They also have a powder supplement called Longevity that I really wanted to use for my dogs that's all-inclusive, but Lucy (my picky one) wouldn't tolerate it in her food. Anyway, I have had no problems with the company or the products. I even ordered some joint tablets for my husband from them. He hasn't complained about them at all. Check out their website www.springtimeinc.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts