Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benny one of my rescues is back home to me. He went from this..........at 4 weeks old

To this today at 8 months old.........and although he is 95% untrained.....I still love the little Devil Dog.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
What is it that you said he was breed-wise? I'm actually seeing a lot more herding breed there than I expected. Might explain some of the behavior, too!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What is it that you said he was breed-wise? I'm actually seeing a lot more herding breed there than I expected. Might explain some of the behavior, too!
Benny's Mom is a Dobie/Lab for certain. The guy who had the female outside tied to a doghouse unspayed ( idiotic) said there was a Rott and a Husky loose that could have been the Dad. I wish I could get a better picture for you. I will try. Benny has wavy back hair and the end of his tail curls sharply at the end with a white tip. All his feet have white tips and a white streak on his chest, His color reminds me of husky.....the washed out tan and black.....not Rott or Dobie colors. I too think there is something else there. He is super high energy. If he does have herder in him he is going to need a herders job...........

Also his bark is very odd......almost husky like and something else at the same time.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Benny has wavy back hair and the end of his tail curls sharply at the end with a white tip.
A white-tipped tail is pretty common in some herding breeds. His round eyes (first pic) were what first made me think herder. Structurally, he actually reminds me quite a bit of Kit. From the last pic, it looks like he could maybe stand to lose a couple of pounds(?)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A white-tipped tail is pretty common in some herding breeds. His round eyes (first pic) were what first made me think herder. Structurally, he actually reminds me quite a bit of Kit. From the last pic, it looks like he could maybe stand to lose a couple of pounds(?)
It is just my lousy phone camera that makes him look heavy. He has really long lanky legs in real life. He has barely a fat layer over his ribs and has a real nice tuck-up. From above he has a nice waste line. :) I just nee a good camera. Abbylynn is the one who needs a diet! Lol! Maybe I will use Dad's new droid to take a better pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts